iPhone 4 -> Razr - > iPhone 4S -> Galaxy Nexus - ain't no smooth Apple but it'll do

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, we just don't troll the other people's forums attempting to point out flaws that don't exist.

IOS is an amazingly smooth OS, that is severely lacking in modifications and personalization.

The Nexus is far from perfect, but some of the things you say are just ridiculous.

I don't see you pointing out the 4S having severe battery issues and Siri not working for nearly 20% of their customers.

GoBears

Reaction score
Not raining on my parade. I've owned every iPhone to date. Still have 2 actually. If you like simple pages of apps its a great phone. I find them completely boring. Although my 3yr old enjoys my old ones. You seriously can't even download a file from the web lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh please, every person who is "REAL" here knows that this almighty Galaxy Nexus isn't even as smooth as old iPhone 3GS or iPad 1s. There are plenty of you out there in denial though.

Please stop being a fanboy and admit to when some thing do certain things better.
If we were in denial, during our 14days, we'd return this thing for your iPhone 4s. It's not like we're stuck with it now. But nice try man.

You forgot to mention the bad battery life on the G nex vs iphone 4s. I honestly just switched from my samsung charge cause I was upset with the battery life. In my opinion android os is still under apple's but it's getting a lot better. I think pretty soon they will be closing the gap and there won't be much difference in the two. I think 4g lte radios came out too soon and batteries weren't bade to handle that kind of power. Thus why apple did not release a 4g phone yet. It would also give the iphone a horrible battery life. I'm waiting for the full review of the gnex to hopefully get back in the android game. The materials plastic vs glass is just a preference. Most people use cases on their phones anyway so that don't bother most people. Hacking rooting and themes can be put on iphones as well, not just droids. The car comparison would be bmw vs mercedes. I am an android fanboy with an iphone!
o.o
We all know 4G phones aren't going to get 2+day battery life. In terms of battery life, I downgraded myself. My D3 got 2days. So, that's your fault on that one.

Jailbreaking on an iPod or iPhone is no where near the level of rooting and adding roms, kernals, etc, to an Android*. You have mods like "no gravity", different transition when scrolling that we can download stock, and stuff like that.. not that great. The only "mod" worth getting on the iPhone would have to be iNav.

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
I have to think you're a troll if you think it feels like the build quality is poor, it feels incredible in hand and you're the first person to say any different.

I have zero lag on the Nexus and I've used my wifes 4S dozens of times so I know the silky-ness of IOS.

I think you're just an Iphone fan man, I really think you're just not cut out for Android. Just being completely honest.

The Nexus is everything we've been waiting for, if it's not for you it's just not for you, doesn't mean the phone's at fault.

I've only played with the phone for about 20 min late this evening.. And in that brief time the thing I dislike most is that flimsy battery door cover I would not be confident in switching battery's often and I still think the pics are subpar.. But ICS was smooth for the time I had it.. I'm gonna use my buddy's tomorrow and see what I like and dislike about it...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

305rev305

Reaction score
OK, I just had a reboot... I haven't had this until now. Anyone??

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No reboots here.

And I can agree, the battery cover is a bit sketchy.. :mellow:

kparks

Reaction score
OK, I just had a reboot... I haven't had this until now. Anyone??

Truthfully I wouldn't pay it no mind if it only did it once could of been something u installed just watch to make sure it's not a recurring problem

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

phillyphill39

Reaction score
i ordered my nexus today ill be getting it tomorrow, i currently own the 4s. I had the bionic and sold it to get the 4s and i miss the big screen and the android system. The only good thing i like about the 4s that the galaxy won't be able to do is hook up to my car radio and watch netflix on it. But i can live with that, i have the bigger better screen and lte speeds

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dont Feed The.....

Seriously...I really dont like Samsung phones. Might be hard to tell since I dont go broadcasting it ...ya know? I really do wanna try a G Nex but I'm completely happy with the RAZR. At the same time...when I see posts like the OP in here....makes me scratch me head. :blink:

.............Lots of times in life...its not what you say its how you say it.....

Know what...nevermind...Dont Feed The.... Thats the great thing about choice mzjin. You can choose from the many Android phones or the iPhone. Or a WP7, or a Blackberry. Since you seem to lean the iPhone way, good luck on your future phone.

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
IOS5 actually has caused my friends iPhone to be laggy as he'll. I I was getting homescreen lag and low fps, and and everything was just choppy. It was pretty crazy!

Sent from the future using my Galaxy Nexus!