New Nexus 5 Rumors Suggest Pricing & Possible Nexus 4 LTE Device

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-nexus-5-rendering-square.jpg

Of course we here at HQ would love to bring you guys nothing but 100% verified accurate stories all the time. It would be great to skip the random assortment of rumors and innuendo; however, based upon results, people also want to hear the juicy gossip and/or latest intel. It makes sense, really. It's human nature for us to want to know what is coming soon, especially if we follow/enjoy technology. It's also in our nature to be curious about the details of these devices. We want to know as much about them as soon as we can.

Many of us enjoy the excitement we feel when the hype machine gets rolling, but we also like to simply plan ahead to decide which new device in the future will be worth our time and attention. To that end, here's our latest tidbit about the new Nexus smartphones coming from Google. This latest unverified rumor suggests pricing for the device, but also suggests we will see a new Nexus 4 device. Supposedly, Google plans to offer a new Nexus 4 LTE, and continue selling it along with the Nexus 5. Here's a breakdown of the speculated pricing structure from this rumor:
  1. 16GB Nexus 4 LTE = $299
  2. 32GB Nexus 4 LTE = $349
  3. 16GB Nexus 5 (already LTE) = $399
  4. 32GB Nexus 5 (already LTE) = $449
There is some logic to this rumor, and it does corroborate some of our previous intel suggesting a starting price of $400 for the Nexus 5 16GB model. This structure is reminiscent of what Apple did with their new iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S. What do you guys think? Does this strategy make sense for Google's Nexus?

Source: PhoneArena

xsirxx

Reaction score
I was going to buy the Nexus 5 at 299$. If it is 399$ I will simply wait for my contract and get the S4, ohh well.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I would pay $399. But if it's not available on Verizon it does me no good.

Asgard

Reaction score
I was looking forward to the idea of $399 for the 32GB one, right now I don't know, I need to ask my wallet.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Verizon won't even think about allowing it. This is what would happen to a Nexus 4 LTE if it tried to get onto VZW's network...

stiffrice.0_standard_709.0.gif

Iggy08

Reaction score
I wonder if the Nexus 4 will get spec bumps beyond just LTE

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
$450 is certainly better than $650-$700. But when the time comes, it's going to be hard to pull the trigger even on $450 retail if VZW does take unlimited. I suppose you could always make-up the difference taking a subsidized phone and then hocking it new on EBAY to recover a few hundred bucks.

I don't care much about the processor (I think most devices will have quad core, and that's more than sufficient). But when I finally breakdown to pay retail for a new phone it WILL have 4gigs of ram and an sd slot.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The lack of space due to no SD slot, as well as the headaches that come with customizing the phone, most notably with UCCW, due to the sdcard/0 coding are just another added sticking point that would probably keep me away from this phone. As VZ won't get it anyway I guess it's a moot point. Good pricing could make all the difference for many people though.