Nexus 4 Now Gone from Google Play Store

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-nexus-4-sold-out1.jpg

It looks like our previous rumors suggesting Google would sell an LTE version of the Nexus 4 alongside the new Nexus 5 turned out to be false. If you check out the Google Play Store, the Nexus 4 (of any kind) is no-where to be found. Of course, it is possible Google could relaunch a separate LTE version of the Nexus 4 later, but it hardly seems worth doing since the Nexus 5 includes LTE. Even if the point was to offer a cheaper Google Nexus device with LTE to emerging markets, it still hardly makes sense, and doesn't really follow Google's "always moving forward" habits.

What do you guys think? If there were a $200 (off contract) LTE Nexus 4, would it be worth considering next to the $350 Nexus 5?

Source: Google Play Store

Iggy08

Reaction score
For $200 it would definitely be worth it for many people, but I doubt it would be that cheap. I assume they would have to retail it for around $300, which then might not look as great of a deal.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm just surprised you answered that question.Especially knowing the N5 was just introduced.

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Was it ever on the play store? Every time I checked on it nothing ever showed up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
No because its shelf life had expired. :-D That was ugly,(smacking hand) bad Crank!!!

Sent from my Note 3 rockin Jelly Bean 4.3