Next Week is Release

ccartertn

Reaction score
Are you going to camp out by a Verizon store like the iPhone guys did?

06LTNox

Reaction score
Camping out is tempting, though I doubt I'll go that far.

Have a line with two different sources to hopefully make getting my X on the 15th a hassle free experience.

rolandct

Reaction score
Haven't been this hyped to get a phone before. Part is the phone looks good and part because I I have to give up my regular phone 3+ weeks ago to get this one. Can't stand old WinMo phone any longer!

Darkseider

Reaction score
The Droid X will definitely be a big seller. I can only hope and pray that the bootloader isn't signed. If it is it will be a bit of a disappointment for me personally as I think that that device would HUGELY benefit from custom ROMs and cooked kernels. Although stock it is fast as snot to begin with you just have to wait on Moto/VZW to drop the Froyo update in August.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I won't be camping out but I'll be showing up within the first half hour after they open. Can't wait either. I'm using an Eris right now. After having a Droid, this Eris feels so small and weak.. lol

johnny9374

Reaction score
I won't be camping out but I'll be showing up within the first half hour after they open. Can't wait either. I'm using an Eris right now. After having a Droid, this Eris feels so small and weak.. lol
im with you lol i have an eris that im sick of runs horrible since the update i got an upgrade exactly 30 days away from the 15th so im gonna be at the store early and hopefully they let me upgrade

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Johnny, call *611 before you go (like today or something) and tell them you plan on upgrading to an X. They will move your upgrade date. At least they should.

Seven71ne

Reaction score
So i just called my home Verizon store, and was talking to them about if i will for sure be able to go up there and upgrade to the X on the 15th. After a bit of reading on here and whatnot, i came across someone saying that you can pre order, only to find out that it wasn't a pre order, rather a promise to call on the 15th. After talking to Customer Representative, they claimed that i would not be able to go up to my store, on the 15th, and get the Droid X. I then immediately called that store, and they said i was under some promo offer to upgrade to a smart phone, but they don't know when it will end. One endless argument later, i got my mom a free upgrade in September, and the ability to upgrade to the X on the 15th. Those fools.

Sometimes i wish i just worked for Verizon, so i didn't have to deal with such confusion! But I'm sure not all Representatives are like that.. Hopefully!

Seven

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping Best Buy will get their shipment in early and call me to pick up my preorder before the 15th!

didiwags

Reaction score
Yeah I will be camping out on my computer waiting for the online ordering to come up!!! LOL