Droid X2 Release tomorrow?

cece5702

Reaction score
Okay, I'm now getting a little excited. Hopefully its not for nothing!According to various websites they are still saying the release date is tomorrow for the X2. However, I have not seen anything on Verizon's website. I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed. dancedroiddancedroid

turdbogls

Reaction score
dont read too much into release dates you see from verizon. they are HORRIBLE at keeping those dates. see the TB, and charge. surprisingly the inc2 released on time. either way, if it really was going to be released tomorrow, we would have heard SOMETHING form big red.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
I sure hope your wrong!!! Lol!
dont read too much into release dates you see from verizon. they are HORRIBLE at keeping those dates. see the TB, and charge. surprisingly the inc2 released on time. either way, if it really was going to be released tomorrow, we would have heard SOMETHING form big red.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Who and what is Big Red?
I sure hope your wrong!!! Lol!

SuBDivisions

Reaction score
My corportate contact in Vzw Wireless, told me beginning of the week the X2 is not hitting on the 12th (according to him), as he has had zero information on it from the big wigs..

He believes its due to the 2.3 gingerbread update, they may push it back to end of the month.

leonozug

Reaction score
My corportate contact in Vzw Wireless, told me beginning of the week the X2 is not hitting on the 12th (according to him), as he has had zero information on it from the big wigs..

He believes its due to the 2.3 gingerbread update, they may push it back to end of the month.

I'm betting your right. We just haven't heard a single thing about it. People could be mistaking the X's Gingerbread rollout start date with the X2 release date for all we know. I bet it won't be out until later this month like you said.

SuBDivisions

Reaction score

I'm betting your right. We just haven't heard a single thing about it. People could be mistaking the X's Gingerbread rollout start date with the X2 release date for all we know. I bet it won't be out until later this month like you said.

I think hes right considering that Vzw is known not to release product until it has been tested, and retested, and reretested etc.. Being this is a decent OS upgrade, i would say end of the month at least...

Besides there under no pressure for it because its not a 4G LTE device, and the Bionic is currently going under the knife.

leonozug

Reaction score
That's fine with me cause I need to save a few more beans to buy the X2 at retail price. Ain't gonna be cheap! lol!

I'm going retail cause I know when the Bionic hits, I'l probably want that too!! Maybe then I'll go with a 2-year plan. lol

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Well hopefully when big red does release the x2 it will come with Gingerbreqd nd not Froyo.

leonozug

Reaction score
Well hopefully when big red does release the x2 it will come with Gingerbreqd nd not Froyo.

That would be a plus!! Maybe after they push the GB update to the X, then they'll release the X2. I can't see them releasing the X2 with 2.2.1...that would be a turn off after having 2.3.3 on the old X.