Newbie needs HELP in transferring Palm Centro/Desktop all data to Droid Incredible

jcrocks

Reaction score
I am a newbie and not really very Cell-Techie. Request assistance in tranferring my Palm Centro/Desktop v6 Contacts, Calendar (2 most critical items), Memos, ToDo List and not many Pics to my forthcoming Droid Incredible. VZW said that they can only transfer Contacts. I am on my own devices for the others (that is scary). Would someone more experienced than me offer reliable suggestions on the process (using freeware or paid software). Or give me the URL of the right section of the forum where this may have already been discussed. I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks again in advance.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am a newbie and not really very Cell-Techie. Request assistance in tranferring my Palm Centro/Desktop v6 Contacts, Calendar (2 most critical items), Memos, ToDo List and not many Pics to my forthcoming Droid Incredible. VZW said that they can only transfer Contacts. I am on my own devices for the others (that is scary). Would someone more experienced than me offer reliable suggestions on the process (using freeware or paid software). Or give me the URL of the right section of the forum where this may have already been discussed. I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks again in advance.

I just did a search (above) for 'transfer palm' and came up with a couple of dozen threads. Here's one, see if this helps you out: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid/1657-transferring-contacts-palm-treo.html

OP
J

jcrocks

Reaction score
Thanks for the URL, AnneDroid (great play with the brand). VZW is supposed to transfer my contacts BUT NOT MY CALENDAR. That is where my main hangup is. Truly, I would rather have one process transfer all with one shot. Maybe my ignorance of the technology shows.

I did try creating a dba file of my Palm Desktop calendar. Then went to my Yahoo account calendar which (yahoo even says they can work with dba files) will convert them to csv files. Then Google can import them. But I failed in Yahoo in conversion. The error msg says "my file format (dba) is unacceptable). They say one thing and then not be able to do it. :angry: Technology can be both a blessing and a curse - unless it is your life's work or love spending hours in front of the screen. Surely there is nothing wrong with that choice. It is just not mine. Thanks again.