Transferring Palm PDA data to my Droid?

Grinch

Reaction score
One of the reasons I bought the Droid was that my Palm PDA (not a phone) is aging and will not be replaced. I had hoped to be able to transfer data from my palm contacts list to my phone...any idea how this might be done? I suspect it will involve trying to pull it off of my desktop, which contains my Palm-synced date, but I don't quite know how to go about it. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't use Palm Desktop but I'd suggest getting them imported into gmail (if you don't have an account get one). If Palm Desktop will export to CSV you're all set as gmail will import from CSV.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Just as mentioned before....

Palm>>CSV>>Google...Done.

OP
Grinch

Grinch

Reaction score
Great! Sounds good in theory, although I need to to some major tweaking of the exported cvs file before it imports properly into my google contacts list...the first two tries have been abysmal failures:mad:. The Palm contact fields do not align with google contact fields. I'm not sure if this is going to be worth it...

atlharry

Reaction score
create a single contact in google... export that to csv and then paste the appropriate data from your palm csv into the pre-formatted google csv. did that make sense?

OP
Grinch

Grinch

Reaction score
create a single contact in google... export that to csv and then paste the appropriate data from your palm csv into the pre-formatted google csv. did that make sense?

Ummm...yes. I'll try it. In this world of 'let the software do all the heavy lifting', I'm getting soft, and want to be able to point, click, and done.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Ummm...yes. I'll try it. In this world of 'let the software do all the heavy lifting', I'm getting soft, and want to be able to point, click, and done.

Take a look Here....Goodluck!

OP
Grinch

Grinch

Reaction score
Take a look Here....Goodluck!

Yikes! Clearly others have taken a stab at inventing this wheel. With my ~140 contacts, I honestly think I might be just as well off choosing which of these contacts are really important and manually inputting them.

The vcard format looked promising at first, as gmail does handle that format, but for some reason I can't export the entire Palm contact list, it only wants to do one at a time!!!

Optimxr

Reaction score
Gmail security concerns

I understand I can export my PDA Data to a .svc file and then import it as a V-Card in
my gmail account. However, I have some very sensitive data that I would like to protect or encrypt before I make this transfer to Google. Is there a way to import by
not using gmail? Has anyone found a more secure way to make transfers?:reddroid:

gsDroid

Reaction score
I selected all in the Palm Desktop address book (ctrl-a) and chose to export as vcard (*.vcf). Yahoo mail will import vcard and since I had an account, I imported it all into Yahoo mail. I went to my gmail account and imported my Yahoo contacts into Gmail. I didn't see an option to import vcard to Gmail. I got it all, names, addresses, notes, etc. Extra step with importing to Yahoo first, but I didn't have to mess around with .csv formats and I already had the Yahoo account.