Transition from my Lg EnV3 and Palm TX pda to a HTC Rezound

MarkS1110

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola X Pure
This is a review of my transition from my Lg EnV3 and Palm TX pda to a HTC Rezound

A lot of other people have said this is a great media phone and they are right. The Sense interface is smooth and friendly. What this review is going to focus on is my transition from my ‘dumb’ Lg EnV3 and Palm TX pda. I also listen to many podcast from my phone so I will cover that later.

Easy one first I used this Companion Link software: Sync Android with Palm Desktop - Sync contacts, calendar and tasks -- CompanionLink Software. You can get a 14 day trial version. That worked well for the calendar, even the repeat items. The contacts not so well. Everybody I had ever sent an email to became a new entry. So then I went into Google contacts selected all and unchecked the ones I recognized. So 325 contacts to 100, not bad. Time spent: 60 mins.

The Pocket Informant program is good replacement for the Palm calendar. It interacts with native calendar seamlessly.

The next one was to link LG contacts to Google. When I added Verizon backup assistant; I had now sometimes up to 3 of the same person now in the phone. Contacts now totaled over 150. Now log into Verizon backup assistant and cross reference the entry’s to the Google contacts list. This was painful; the backup assistant only had about 70% of the contacts in the phone. So then I had to go into the phone itself and cross reference the entry’s. This probably took 4 hours a course of a week. Now I have 127 accurate contacts with no duplicates.

Pictures were easy, just cut and paste them to the new picture folder. Videos were converted to a MP4 format, with the help of a free converter. The voice memos were able to be read by the Rezound. [On a side note I found a program convert them to a wav format vs a qcp format, I will do this later.]

Next was what to do with the Memos, I researched different programs. Then it hit me, just use Google Docs. It worked great. Able to edit on a computer and able to also sync and read/modify from the phone. Time spent: 60 mins to copy them all over.

Next was music and podcasts. I set up Google Music for cloud storage of music. The only problem with Google Music is that I have had a lot of buffering or unable to play issues. I am going to call that one Google growing pains and temporary. Google Listen was a new pod-catcher that you can set up with Google reader. Listen lets you stream the shows to the phone without copying the files first to a SD card. [What I did for years] Time spent: 60 mins to set up Google reader.

As for the battery life; I have found turning off 3/4G and using Wi-Fi when available makes a huge difference in battery life. If you have to use 3/4G, use only 4G when necessary. I installed a program called LTE switch to toggle 3/4G. With 4G off that also makes big difference in life. Most of the time Wi-Fi is as fast as 4G, so with the much greater battery life makes it an easy decision which one to use.

SwiftKey X is quite helpful for typing on the phone. Electrodroid is a neat electronics guide. It has info on resistors, LEDs, pin outs and the like. Rainy days is a great app for Radar and the weather. As for games Train connector 2, Where’s the water, Reckless getaway, and Alchemy classic are good for a look.

It took a week but now everything is all linked together.

BuccoDroid

Reaction score
Sounds like you did have an interesting week getting the transition made to your Rezound. You will be very happy with Android.

Since you are moving over from a Palm device I wanted to share with you a program I stumbled onto this spring. As a former Palm user, back to the original Palm Pilot and then several models after that, I loved the way I entered text using Palm Graffiti. For me it was much easier and faster to use than the on screen keyboards on most Android devices. Even easier for me than learning Swype.

You can find it at this link in Android Market:

https://market.android.com/details?...mNvbS5hY2Nlc3NfY29tcGFueS5ncmFmZml0aV9wcm8iXQ..

Good luck with your Rezound

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may also like an app the mimics Palm called Wave Launcher

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Xparent Blue Tapatalk