Newbie here, how do I upload pics and videos?

lefty78

Reaction score
I've never had a phone like this, and I used it yesterday to shoot a few pics and videos in HD quality. One video says it's 33mb in size.
I plugged it in via USB cable to my computer, but nothing happens. How do I upload these videos? It's obviously too large to do it over facebook or email.

Thanks!

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
You need to mount your phone after plugging it in. Plug into computer them pull down notification bar. Press on "USB connected select to copy files to/from your computer". After this go into my computer on your pc and double click the removable drive that is now there. Pictures taken with your camera will be found in DCIM/camera. Just click and drag to desired location on computer.

OP
L

lefty78

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean when you say I need to 'mount' my phone?
If I plug my phone into my computer via USB cable and pull down the notification bar on my phone, there is nothing saying USB on there to click on.
Is there something wrong or else I need to do?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It should say "mass storage" mode, or something closely resembling that...and this is what you will need to select

OP
L

lefty78

Reaction score
Sorry guys, my phone is not saying any type of message. It is charging my phone when plugged in though so I know the usb connection is good.
Do I need to have some sort of software installed or anything maybe?

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Sorry guys, my phone is not saying any type of message. It is charging my phone when plugged in though so I know the usb connection is good.
Do I need to have some sort of software installed or anything maybe?

No you do not need any additional software. It sounds like there is a problem with the phone. Try a factory data reset. The factory data reset will unfortunately delete all apps and app data but your files on your sd card will be retained. You will just have to re sync your phone with google and facebook and any other accounts and also redownload whatever aftermarket apps you have. If this does not solve your problem I would recommend an exchange for a new phone from verizon or wherever you purchased that one as long as it has been less than 30 days since purchase. If you did not get it from Verizon and it has been more than 30 days you can still call Verizon for warranty replacement.

Here is a screen shot of what you should see in your drop down notification menu. On your phone select the circled one.

Last edited:

zero7starz

Reaction score
That is incorrect. If you are using windows, specificly xp and vista as 7 has had better luck, then he needs the samsung drivers. They are available in the sf development forum under noon guide to rooting. After installing those you should be all set.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

OP
L

lefty78

Reaction score
thanks zerostarz, any chance you or someone could post a link to download the software I need? I am having a hard time locating it on here.

zero7starz

Reaction score
Figures, just as I posted that I found it here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ent/79811-newbie-guide-rooting-fascinate.html

Do I need to install all these items, or just click on the link that says "drivers"?

Just the drivers. The rest of the stuff on there is for rooting, so if that's something you're going to be interested in go for it, but all you need are the drivers so that your computer will see the SF correctly. The reason you actually have to have these is iirc, Samsung messed up the file that the computer pulls off the phone to install the drivers, and thus they don't completely install- which is why you need these! Just grab the one for your version of Windows (32 or 64bit) and install, then you're good to go!

Sorry, I would have linked it but I was on my phone all day yesterday and its really difficult to grab links and get back to the correct post.

OP
L

lefty78

Reaction score
I tried downloading the drivers, and it created an icon called Driver Performer by Performer Soft. I did the initial scan and it said I have 33 outdated drivers. When I click on "download drivers" a window pops up that says I have to have a premium membership. Seriously, is there a way to get these drivers free??? I'm not going to pay for these. Or is there another place I can get these drivers?
Please help, and thanks for your patience.

OP
L

lefty78

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got it downloaded and figured out. Part of the problem was I was using a USB cable from my other phone which I thought would be the same but when I switched it started working for some reason.
One more question, when transferring videos it is only opening on Quick Time Player, is there a way to open it with Windows Player or no?

dr0idg0d23

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got it downloaded and figured out. Part of the problem was I was using a USB cable from my other phone which I thought would be the same but when I switched it started working for some reason.
One more question, when transferring videos it is only opening on Quick Time Player, is there a way to open it with Windows Player or no?

Sounds like you have QuickTime as default. Right click the video and select "open with" then select Windows Media Player from the list.

Note: I was not incorrect about the fact that you did not have to download additional drivers to use phone as a mass storage device. You only need additional drivers for rooting, adb bridge, or flashing via odin. the drivers for mass storage use install automatically when plugging phone in with CORRECT USB CABLE.