Video Uploading

billyanks2

Reaction score
I have three and a half questions regarding uploading video on the Droid X

1) Is there a way to upload video to facebook directly from the phone? (I know I can get the video to my computer via bluetooth, then upload it, but I want to know if there's a way I can do it instantly in case I'm not near the computer)

2) Where is the "online album" that is one of the video options (sub-question: if you resize the video to fit on an upload to the online album, does that permanently edit the origina file?)

3) I've tried uploading to youtube, and the phone says "large files will be uploaded over wifi connection" WHILE I'm on a wifi connection. What do I need to do to start that upload?

Thanks in advance for your responses

baniels

Reaction score
My problem is similar, though not congruent. When I try to upload to youtube over wifi, I am told that I cannot upload video's over 1 GB. The videos I have tried to upload are usually 150 MB.

heycow

Reaction score
I have three and a half questions regarding uploading video on the Droid X

1) Is there a way to upload video to facebook directly from the phone? (I know I can get the video to my computer via bluetooth, then upload it, but I want to know if there's a way I can do it instantly in case I'm not near the computer)
Yep. Open the Gallery app, click Menu, choose Settings and select "Quick upload album". Select "Facebook". Now, when you select a video and click "Share", you can choose "Quick upload album" and it'll send it to Facebook. :)

2) Where is the "online album" that is one of the video options (sub-question: if you resize the video to fit on an upload to the online album, does that permanently edit the origina file?)
Fairly sure this is your Picasa online album.

3) I've tried uploading to youtube, and the phone says "large files will be uploaded over wifi connection" WHILE I'm on a wifi connection. What do I need to do to start that upload?
It's annoying. Sometimes just disabling and re-enabling WiFi will fix it and start the upload. Sometimes you (I) need to reboot the phone to make it start uploading.

OP
B

billyanks2

Reaction score
Yep. Open the Gallery app, click Menu, choose Settings and select "Quick upload album". Select "Facebook". Now, when you select a video and click "Share", you can choose "Quick upload album" and it'll send it to Facebook. :)

"Quick upload album" is not an option on videos.

ThemApples

Reaction score
This 1 GB limit is really irritating to me too. My video that I want to upload to youtube is 186mb, not even close to 1GB yet it says "can't upload a video larger than 1GB!" WTF!

ThemApples

Reaction score
This 1 GB limit is really irritating to me too. My video that I want to upload to youtube is 186mb, not even close to 1GB yet it says "can't upload a video larger than 1GB!" WTF!

Does anyone have a fix for this problem yet? Will the new 2.2 make it work? This is quite irritating!!

E.J.

Reaction score
I just uploaded a couple of videos from my X to youtube. It was wating for a wifi signal even though I had one...so I shutdown and rebooted my phone. It immediately started to upload the videos. The were both only around 30mb.

groovejedi

Reaction score
I've had the same issue when trying to upload videos to youtube. I get an error message saying that I cannot upload files larger than 1GB, even when the files are much smaller than that. Unbelievably annoying to say the least. In any case, if you resize the video 640x480 or less, it should work.

sbailey

Reaction score
I was having trouble uploading to youtube, also, from Droid2. Kept stopping & waiting to retry. I went to youtube site, got the set up for mobile phone & put the following email in my contact list under the name of youtube: [email protected] & haven't had any problems uploading through email directly from my phone, rather than computer. Hope this helps!