Sending Video

Scott1974

Reaction score
How do you send video from the Fascinate? When I try to send either via text or e-mail, I receive a message that the file is too large. I've tried changing the settings to the lowest resolution, but the video is then awful. My sister has an iPhone and is able to send video clips (sometimes 2+ minutes) via e-mail and text (text videos are maybe 45 seconds to a minute in length) and they come through with great clarity and are 4MB in size or larger? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I just assumed that you could shoot in the video in any resolution and the phone would then resize the image or video to make it e-mail or text compatible?

bclinsure

Reaction score
Last weekend I took a couple of very short videos (one was 8 seconds and the other was 20 seconds) on my TB. I went to attach them to an email and got a message that the file is too big. Same thing with a text.

How big could these files be that I can't email them and does anyone have a work around so that I can send them from the phone?

Thank you.

Reaction score
files

Last weekend I took a couple of very short videos (one was 8 seconds and the other was 20 seconds) on my TB. I went to attach them to an email and got a message that the file is too big. Same thing with a text.

How big could these files be that I can't email them and does anyone have a work around so that I can send them from the phone?

Thank you.

It depends where you are sending them and what account you are sending them from. Google mail has a limit of 25mb files. Make sure they are under that. Also the person you are sending them to might not have google. They might have aol or something and the file size might be even smaller.

sonnl

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem, tried sending a 20 second video to my sister who's on an iPhone 4 and it says it was too big

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Reaction score
:)

I'm having the same problem, tried sending a 20 second video to my sister who's on an iPhone 4 and it says it was too big

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

She might have a max file size limit on her end.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If it tells you file size too big, it has nothing to do with a limit on the recipient's end. That would just result in a returned message.

I was able to successfully attach a 49s video clip to an email. It was 18mb in size. I tried a longer clip that was 26mb that gave me the error message. It is hard to imagine that your 8s clip was too large.
Did you go to the gallery and select "share"? Thats how I was able to do it.

Sent from the hand of zeus!

TuckerMaxx

Reaction score
Well I'm having the same issue.. and i went into settings for messaging and made sure it was set to the highest.. and well .. still having an issue.. I'm thinking 2.3 better address alot of things.. for so far speed and feel I love.. but the battery and lackof confidence in the TB is a shame.. for NO MATTER what I did with my iPhone.. it did it.. no questions asked.. but still having random issues with my TB.. :((

1android

Reaction score
If I am correct and I'd like to think I am here is what you must do in order to SEND a video.

Once your video camera is on and open, press your options button and select video mode. You have to select video message. Then you can record and then send. You cannot send in HD quality.

and this isn't a Thunderbolt issue, this is an android thing.

Last edited:

bclinsure

Reaction score
If it tells you file size too big, it has nothing to do with a limit on the recipient's end. That would just result in a returned message.

I was able to successfully attach a 49s video clip to an email. It was 18mb in size. I tried a longer clip that was 26mb that gave me the error message. It is hard to imagine that your 8s clip was too large.
Did you go to the gallery and select "share"? Thats how I was able to do it.

Sent from the hand of zeus!

Going to Gallery and selecting the 'share' method finally is what worked for me also.:)

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
If I am correct and I'd like to think I am here is what you must do in order to SEND a video.

Once your video camera is on and open, press your options button and select video mode. You have to select video message. Then you can record and then send. You cannot send in HD quality.

All of the files that i succesfully emailed were recorded in HD. I have done this on other android phones as well.

1android

Reaction score

All of the files that i succesfully emailed were recorded in HD. I have done this on other android phones as well.

Hmmm that is ineresting. In past I have always had to send in message quality. I will have to try HD. Thanks for the info