New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

ChugIt

Reaction score
I doubt it it some sort of a conspiracy at all. Android phones are very popular. The best way to sell more is to have more people using them doing cool things so people will be intrigued. I doubt they would take a risk of people getting impatient and getting something other than their newer devices on purpose. The quicker they can get more out, the more they will sell. This is of course my opinion based on my education background in marketing and business management. I don't sit in on the meetings, but I honestly don't think they would plan false shortages.

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
I doubt it it some sort of a conspiracy at all. Android phones are very popular. The best way to sell more is to have more people using them doing cool things so people will be intrigued. I doubt they would take a risk of people getting impatient and getting something other than their newer devices on purpose. The quicker they can get more out, the more they will sell. This is of course my opinion based on my education background in marketing and business management. I don't sit in on the meetings, but I honestly don't think they would plan false shortages.

I know what you mean, but lets look at a few things..

Vz could have released this thing before the bulk of the iphone orders had came in.. That would have been a great marketing plan.. I have no doubt these phones were sitting in a warehouse after it was announced.

People that ordered phones last week that were told Aug 3rd ship date, have already received them.

Syraz

Reaction score
What I curious since can't call Verizon until Monday, unless the phone support is open on weekends, is that I plan to call to get my Droid1, replaced since the screen is super loose. I want to upgrade to the X but only had this since well the day the HTC Incredible came out, would I happen to have a chance at that since they are promoting to try get people to upgrade early?

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
What I curious since can't call Verizon until Monday, unless the phone support is open on weekends, is that I plan to call to get my Droid1, replaced since the screen is super loose. I want to upgrade to the X but only had this since well the day the HTC Incredible came out, would I happen to have a chance at that since they are promoting to try get people to upgrade early?

You need to stay on topic.. Especially in MY forum..

I would call and ask.. yes they are promoting this phone... Can't hurt to ask!

Syraz

Reaction score

had two droid x forums going, went to post this in the one about sending promos for early upgrades. but clicked wrong tab..but going to ask still none the less

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score

had two droid x forums going, went to post this in the one about sending promos for early upgrades. but clicked wrong tab..but going to ask still none the less

Ya and let us know.. Im interested to see how far they are going to push it..

And Also yes they should be open tomorrow.. Give them a call

Syraz

Reaction score

Ya and let us know.. Im interested to see how far they are going to push it..

And Also yes they should be open tomorrow.. Give them a call

good to know I will call them when I wake up, I work graveyard, and will let ya know.

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
Verizon is open 7 days a week, 365, yes Christmas too. My wife FINALLY has it off this year!

What number do I call to reach them? I've seemed to have found them closed more often that it sounds like I should have..

Or does she work for a techy, emergency type thing?

ChugIt

Reaction score
The reps and techs work 8am-11pm on the east coast and I assume 11pm on west coast too. Calling from east coast you will still get an open call center after 11pm. My wife is a tech, but the reps work the same hours. There are always reps, techs, supervisors and operational managers available during business hours.

*611 is the #, they will be open in a couple hours.

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
I ordered mine yesterday at noon and was told "no later than the 8th"

Ya we know.. Sorry I was not more clear for you.. As of right NOW, the website states that it will be shipped by the 18th.. Quite a jump..

Do not be surprised to see your device sooner.. Which is good, of course.

renthorin

Reaction score
Ah...cool :)

No worries. Until the X arrives I have my Lg Dare to use....oh wait....ewww....

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
lol ya big eww..

And to think that the Dare was considered one of the coolest phone avail on VZ is a scary thought..

Well the bright side of that is we are heading in the right direction. That being said, we can only hope this current line of DX and D2 are just the intro to innovation.