New X orders now will not ship until the 18th.. Yeah right

Lukerative

Reaction score
Just got my shipping confirmation from VZ! I live in West Michigan, and its coming from Memphis, TN via FedEx. So, hopefully Tuesday?

Zack, I have no idea, man. Good luck. I hope you get it tomorrow for what it's worth, haha.

kstatenupe

Reaction score
Zack...I remember on the Lets Talk site that it said available on 8-18. But I got an email saying available 8-4. I ordered after the VZ "order by today to get it shipped by the 3rd" date. Keep us posted. I am in no rush. It comes when it comes.

Immolate

Reaction score
I'm positive they are underpromising. I also think it's a smart thing to do and that it has helped greatly to manage people's expectations.

CMitch

Reaction score
I know what you mean, but lets look at a few things..

Vz could have released this thing before the bulk of the iphone orders had came in.. That would have been a great marketing plan.. I have no doubt these phones were sitting in a warehouse after it was announced.

People that ordered phones last week that were told Aug 3rd ship date, have already received them.

I ordered mine last week and was told it would ship Aug 3rd. I'm still waiting, wish I was one of the lucky ones. I'm hoping it may come a day early or so, but this has been the longest week of my life!

dubunderpar

Reaction score
Ordered mine on 7/28 got the email today and I should have it Tuesday. It was supposed to be here the 4th. I can't wait.

TurboTech

Reaction score
Under promise and over deliver...i do this all daylong with service writers, it's a common business practice...unlike the fruit company, they like to hype things with a waiting game,

xjman349

Reaction score
I work for Verizon Wireless. This thread makes me laugh. Just to make sure I undrestand, Verizon would take a chance for you to go somewhere else and purchase a phone from somewhere else, just to create a demand? Yeah that would have to be one of the worst business decisions in the history of time.

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
I work for Verizon Wireless. This thread makes me laugh. Just to make sure I undrestand, Verizon would take a chance for you to go somewhere else and purchase a phone from somewhere else, just to create a demand? Yeah that would have to be one of the worst business decisions in
the history of time.

I don't disagree with you, but why are they saying a certain date and shipping much before that then?

xjman349

Reaction score
They learned their lesson with the DInc. You should hear how many calls where people were upset about the phone not being shipped when it was promised. Creating a demand is a bit insane in my opion, setting expectations a little far out to create a happy customer? 100% completly possible.

iclickjohn

Reaction score
Well, I have it worse than most. I sold my Droid. Shipped it out Friday. Yes, I don't have a cell phone. This will be interesting while I wait for my X. I will have a zillion messages. Of course, I will be one of the safest drivers on the roads. . . .for the next while anyway. I went to put my # on a REALLY old WM brick called VZ6700 that I gave my daughter to play with 3 years ago. They would only activate it with the $44 data plan. And that wouldn't be so bad except I bought the Droid on my wifes phone number which leaves her high and dry for another year (3 total by then) before she can upgrade. I'm in a WORLD of hurt. Do you remember the Lucy episode where the chocolates came out on the conveyor belt faster and faster and she finally started stuffing them in her mouth to keep up with the pace? That is how I wish the updates and phones were delivered. If you are like me, they just NEVER come fast enough for my addiction. (and two year update cycle) But I did call them and they said that I could update every year and it would be (what is now the $199 price) only you don't get the extra $50 as you would waiting for the full two years. I would pay the 199 gladly once a year. Secret. Sell you old phone on auction site and make MORE than what the new phone cost you. The old droid I noticed a lot of them going for 600 and then 400 and then a ton at 300 a week or so later. It started dropping to under 300 so that is why I listed mine and got 245 for it. The X is only going to cost me 149.

justie1183

Reaction score
I ordered my Droid X phone from a Veriozon Kiosk @ BJs wholeseller at about 4:45pm on fri 7/30. They told me the shipping date was 8/11 but i could get it earlier. I was wondering those who got shipping emails did u buy the droidx online/phone/kiosk or store?

OP
N

NADA918

Reaction score
They learned their lesson with the DInc. You should hear how many calls where people were upset about the phone not being shipped when it was promised. Creating a demand is a bit insane in my opion, setting expectations a little far out to create a happy customer? 100% completly possible.

Thats the answer I was looking for.. Makes sense..

But here is my question to you. Has Verizon been receiving new shipments from motorola?

I'm just curious if they are still having to make the phone to keep it in stock, or if the shipping warehouse is just overloaded with orders.

WhosToBlame

Reaction score
I ordered my Droid X phone from a Veriozon Kiosk @ BJs wholeseller at about 4:45pm on fri 7/30. They told me the shipping date was 8/11 but i could get it earlier. I was wondering those who got shipping emails did u buy the droidx online/phone/kiosk or store?

Phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ZackTheChin

Reaction score
An update for my order: shipped today. Was told it wouldn't ship until a week.

renthorin

Reaction score
Ditto. Mine was purchased on Friday, told "before the 8th" it already shipped and is due at my door tomorrow :)