New Verizon 4G LTE Samsung Phone to be Named the Droid Charge

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol

You must be an insider for Verizon. Cuz I think thats exactly what they are thinking.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If the Targa falls through you'd go with iP5 over the Bionic? The Bionic has been in my crosshairs for a while so I'm wondering what's making you pass on it....
It's a tough call Creaky. The Bionic will be a GREAT handset. Best one on Verizon for sure but I'm trying to get over Blur. I'm not a fan of Blur or Sense for that matter so I have to really think if I will be able to handle it for 2 years.

Make no mistake about it though, the Bionic is going to be great I just want to wait on the Targa to see if some things pan out. Unfortunately I don't think I will get any confirmation on specs until after the Bionic release.

I can't remember where, but I read somewhere that the newest versions of blur are actually pretty good. The person compared it to sense. If this pans out to be true then I could definitely live with Blur.
I dislike Sense as well. Bad comparison lol

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
On a serious note I have heard the new Blur UI is pretty nice and not as intrusive

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I am the only one, but I like TouchWiz and the Samsung interface over blur and sense. Too bad they are slow to update the OS.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think I am the only one, but I like TouchWiz and the Samsung interface over blur and sense. Too bad they are slow to update the OS.
I actually don't mind touchwiz neither. Prefer it over both as well

I was hoping we would get the Galaxy SII. I'd purchase that handset in a heartbeat

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Despite Samsung's lack of updating, their 2.1 TouchWiz OS/interface is pretty cool if you ask me. Even after rooting and adding 2.2 I put TW back on my device. It's got a cool puzzle lockscreen that shows messages and missed calls, drop down notifcation widgets, friends feed, app/ram manager. And I think it looks pretty cool too. Samsung has got potential, it's too bad they are slow to update...but it doesn't bother me too much.