New update rolling out to testers.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
The last update in December that bricked some phones was a major OS change from JB to KK I think that is why some phones bricked. I received the soak without issue but I was very patient and did not touch the phone until it was done completely booting and had settled in. IIRC that update was a double reboot. I am not included in the soak this time although I have been on all soaks since OG Droid or at least I have not received an invite yet.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The last update in December that bricked some phones was a major OS change from JB to KK I think that is why some phones bricked. I received the soak without issue but I was very patient and did not touch the phone until it was done completely booting and had settled in. IIRC that update was a double reboot. I am not included in the soak this time although I have been on all soaks since OG Droid or at least I have not received an invite yet.

JB to Kk isn't what I call a major change.. It's more like an add on or plug in. ics to JB is a major change.. :)

Who knows why the phones bricked.. Just that they did.. My phone took it just fine too.

It's been quiet.. So.. Who knows.. Like you.. I've been in almost every soak since I started using Android..

Let's hope it goes well..

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
tasypy9u.jpg

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Hmm...either a glitch, or a prep-update to install 442. Build date is about right.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
ENHANCEMENTS

This software update is for all Ultra, Mini, Maxx users. After installing this software update you will notice numerous enhancements and changes, including

Enhanced*security and restyled Status Bar
Added enhancements including improved security and restyled Status Bar.

Fixed Canada roaming issue
Fixed a rare issue which could lead to connectivity problems while switching from a Canadian UMTS network back to a Verizon CDMA/LTE network.

Fixed Microsoft Exchange SD card Encryption issue
Fixed a bug that caused issues while configuring a Microsoft Exchange account because of an encrypted SD card requirement (Ultra, Mini and Maxx do not support an SD

Last edited:

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Update fail! It would seem that is only a patch! What a surprise.......

OP
xeene

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
It could be a placebo effect but the phone feels more fluid. Not sure if it's due to update or the fact I haven't rebooted it prior to update for almost 2 months.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
ENHANCEMENTS

This software update is for all Ultra, Mini, Maxx users. After installing this software update you will notice numerous enhancements and changes, including

Enhanced*security and restyled Status Bar
Added enhancements including improved security and restyled Status Bar.

Fixed Canada roaming issue
Fixed a rare issue which could lead to connectivity problems while switching from a Canadian UMTS network back to a Verizon CDMA/LTE network.

Fixed Microsoft Exchange SD card Encryption issue
Fixed a bug that caused issues while configuring a Microsoft Exchange account because of an encrypted SD card requirement (Ultra, Mini and Maxx do not support an SD

Absolutely NONE of which I Ave experienced!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yuck. We're getting the white status bars... I prefer the blue..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I prefer the blue.. For several reasons.. Mostly because I like blue.. Lol. Idk.. I may skip this update.

Last edited:

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Well, for one, you can tell when yer linked to a Google server (blue or gray displayed). Plus, why have a cheap, monochrome readout on a high quality display? Afterall, this ain't no 1X flip-phone! :-D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well, for one, you can tell when yer linked to a Google server (blue or gray displayed). Plus, why have a cheap, monochrome readout on a high quality display? Afterall, this ain't no 1X flip-phone! :-D

I'm with ya