Goodby 901, hello 902

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to see. I admit that the mysterious .901 update got a lot more publicity.

Interesting, though, how a single "e-mail someone got from a friend" could spread out so much. Even the changelog isn't that much, but people are talking about it.

Last edited:

americanz

Reaction score
i am a soak tester.and no one that i know of has got this yet. moto forums included. no one says they have it

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Not an indicator of anything, but just saying, there weren't any soak test announcements for .901 either. Or people just actually kept their mouth shut this time....which, let's be honest, is extremely unlikely. It IS the internet after all...

Mer2112

Reaction score
Isn't there a non-disclosure agreement when you sign up to be a soak tester? The 901 update was pushed out accidentally to non soak testers so they started asking questions and talking about it. For all we know it's being pushed out as we speak.

americanz

Reaction score
yea there is but when has there ever kept any soak test from being spoke about? .901 wasnt a soak. it was an oops. imo this .902 is just hype, a rumor.

seabass28

Reaction score
I too am a soak tester and I have not been notified...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

bluezdawg

Reaction score
I have also signed up to be a soak tester but have not heard anything. I did get a not from the Motorola Support Forum asking to update some information. Will keep my eyes open. Like others, I think Droid Life has traditionally been fairly accurate in their observations, so hopefully something is cook'n! Will keep ya'll posted if I hear anything.

striker85

Reaction score
Something smells rotten in Denmark. Everyone at the moto forums is suspicious and the only source is a singular "email from a friend." I'm hoping but not holding my breath.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk about the update... someone would've posted somewhere by now... hey let's start a new one...!!!!!! I just got the update for ICS!!!!!!!! Play along... lol

lykofos

Reaction score
Sorry, I compiled that post on my phone and didn't even notice! I've been searching around, and I can't find anything either! I believe Droid life, though... they were the ones who discovered .901.

Not quite, it was actually one of our own members here on Droid Forums that actually discovered / uploaded the .901! :biggrin: If you look at the very end of the original Droid Life 901 article: DROID Bionic Receiving Mysterious 5.9.901 Update? – Droid Life, it states: "Via: DF" with a link to the Droid Forums article where they got their news from.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of articles (again back to Droid Life) that has a different spin.

First is Droid Bionic Update Ver. 5.9.902 Head to Testers Tonight It says that .901 went out OTA last week(!) and that it had too many bugs, which is why .902 is coming out. I find this strange on 2 counts; one is that I haven't seen a single post about getting .901 OTA and the other is that most comments about .901 has been positive.

The other article is Droid Bionic needs ICS not odd 5.9.902 update » Phone Reviews and is more of an editorial saying (again) that .901 is out in the wild and that ICS would be preferred than a simple update like .902.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Last edited:

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Half the stories Droid Life posts are untrustworthy. I would take their info with a grain of salt.