New bionic update....finally!

kjumper187

Reaction score
I got my update last week. Wasn't a member of the soak test. Also, anyone else notice they got a few extra bloatware apps? Sling box, some music app, and emergency alerts?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I got my update last week. Wasn't a member of the soak test. Also, anyone else notice they got a few extra bloatware apps? Sling box, some music app, and emergency alerts?

Yeah, also Amazon MP3 and MOG Music. Froze all of it except the Emergency Alerts. ;) And turned off Amber Alerts.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
It did take a long time for an update.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

jthorpe

Reaction score
I got the update while rooted and kept root after it successfully completed OTA. I've noticed at least for me a huge battery life improvement. I'm curious as to what you guys are experiencing with the new update.

tedankel

Reaction score
Got .902 this morning (02/12/2012) after going through Update query. No problems encountered yet.

desmofan

Reaction score

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Thanks for the download link! I downloaded it, rebooted to stock recovery and then ran the Update ZIP. It failed, mentioning an issue with SmartCarDock.apk. It was then I remembered that I deleted this app, rather than freezing it. That's the only thing I deleted, so is there anywhere I cna find that. And no, I don;t have a Nandroid backup, begin the flame.

Here is the .apk and odex file to place in your system/app folder of root
http://db.tt/dgyFilAG
http://db.tt/T7f9MJgc

TBOLT132

Reaction score
I just received my update this morning what exactly does it do?
Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Np lol. You must be rooted to have deleted this file to begin with. What file app are you using to view files?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

desmofan

Reaction score
Np lol. You must be rooted to have deleted this file to begin with. What file app are you using to view files?

Windows 7, with my phone plugged in through USB in USB Mass Storage mode. I also tried with the "Files" app, no go. I'm installing Astro now, and will try that as well.

desmofan

Reaction score
Ok, I found the system/app folder using Astro. When trying to move the two SmartDock files from my SD-EXT to the system/app folder, I get a "Read Only File System" error.

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
Windows 7, with my phone plugged in through USB in USB Mass Storage mode. I also tried with the "Files" app, no go. I'm installing Astro now, and will try that as well.

Ok, you dont need to be connected to your pc once you have downloaded them to your phones download folder found in app drawer or sd card. You can use ur pc to move files back n forth but viewing your system root requires an app like Root Explorer to do so.

Once you open your root explorer app, select mount r/o at top of screen. Copy/move your file, goto the system folder then app folder where the apps are held. You can then paste/move file to system/app folder. You want to check permissions of copied file also before you back out by long pressing the file and selecting Permissions. They should be checked off as follows:
Owner - read, write
Group - read
Others - read

See if this works for you.

desmofan

Reaction score
Ok, you dont need to be connected to your pc once you have downloaded them to your phones download folder found in app drawer or sd card. You can use ur pc to move files back n forth but viewing your system root requires an app like Root Explorer to do so.

Once you open your root explorer app, select mount r/o at top of screen. Copy/move your file, goto the system folder then app folder where the apps are held. You can then paste/move file to system/app folder. You want to check permissions of copied file also before you back out by long pressing the file and selecting Permissions. They should be checked off as follows:
Owner - read, write
Group - read
Others - read

See if this works for you.

This worked perfectly, except I mounted R/W after opening Root Explorer, which makes sense. Thank you so much for your help! :icon_ lala:

View attachment 47335

I did lose root, so I'll have to check out the 902 Root Thread.