New Update and want to ROOT. . .

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
So I got a hold of a 32bit Win 7 machine and neither of these exploits worked. aRoot would run, but never actually get my phone to reboot, much less get root. I ran it several times. SuperOneClick 1.91 would just hang at "Waiting for device", even after I installed the latest motorola drivers. USB debugging was enabled. The SD card was unmounted. I tried numerous connection modes, but no dice. Is there anything I am missing?

Did you update the Motorola USB drivers?

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Just like for you, aRoot would run for me, but the phone never rebooted or got root. But once I updated the USB drivers, it worked on the first try.
+1 on aroot. aroot will not work if you don't have the latest USB drivers installed from Motorola. Once the updated drivers are installed aroot works fine.

r3j2

Reaction score
That is my confusion. I downloaded the latest drivers from the link provided. I assume that is the package called "Motorola 4.9.0 Driver with Motohelper". I plugged in the phone and ran aRoot several times, but to no avail. Is there a specific usb connection mode that you used? Did I download the wrong driver package?

r3j2

Reaction score
Ok, I am rooted! There was an odd error while installing the drivers that I didn't pick up the first time. Aroot worked like a champ. Thanks for your guys patience! Haven't used a windows box in years.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Superoneclick worked great for me...aroot not so much even after several attempts. I had superuser icon after the reboot but actual superuser access was not obtained. Luckily superoneclick worked great. I just got my DROID pro yesterday and I absolutely love it. I have had a DROID 1 and a DROID 2 both rooted and even without a huge development community behind the DROID pro it works great stock with root of course. Im looking forward to exploring my new pro.

Last edited:

jadraxx

Reaction score
I used superoneclick 1.9. Easy as cake to root. He makes it very easy to root and if you dont have the latest motorola drivers you can download 1.9 with the drivers. Just google superoneclick and make your life easier.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

stupidchicken03

Reaction score
Question, why do you need to unmount the SD card when rooting?

Im on another droid forum but the Pro secton is basically dead. I was pointed here by bsweetness :)

Ive updated my drivers from the Moto site and tried installing Aroot. It says that it worked, and my phone restarts, but upon reboot i do not have a SU icon. I try to run barnacle and it also says that i still need SU access.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Well i guess the 3rd or 4th time with Aroot was the charm :lol:

I now have the SU icon, and its working. Barnacle is up and running :D

Glad you got it working. It appears that it takes a few tries for some people and not for others. Don't know why.

And yes, you'll definitely get more information and quicker assistance in this forum than in that one. :)

stupidchicken03

Reaction score
So now that ive got my barnacle back, ive linked my phone to my xbox. My signal is strong enough to stream netflix AND play live online.

Thinking about canceling my monthly internet service now lol

DROOIID

Reaction score
So now that ive got my barnacle back, ive linked my phone to my xbox. My signal is strong enough to stream netflix AND play live online.

Be careful man. I tether but only occasionally, sounds like you tether enough for 10 people

stupidchicken03

Reaction score

Be careful man. I tether but only occasionally, sounds like you tether enough for 10 people
Is that something to watch out for? Does VZ monitor the data usage?

In a typical month ill use 1.5-2 gigs. So far this month im at 2.8 and have 4 days left on my billing cycle