Re-rooting AFTER software update

danijas89

Reaction score
I'm new here, so please be gentle. hahaha...
After reading several helpful posts on here, I recently rooted my DroidX 2.2.1 with Z4root, with great success. UNFORTUNATELY, my wife borrowed my phone this AM, and saw an update popped up, so she went and installed it. I now have 2.3.3 on here, and the phone is unrooted. Tried running Z4root again. All it does now is run for 5, the app stops, and my phone freezes up, requiring a battery pull. Is there anyway to re-root it now?
I still love my wife, but she is BANNED from touching my phone now...lol

DARTH MAXIMUS

Reaction score
There is new method, uses pc, not as simple as z4 but easy. Google easy root droid3...it works for quite a few models. Nothing to it

TJF2011

Reaction score
Be very cautious.. My brother did the same thing.. You have to find a way to delete super user off your phone before rerooting... A factory reset doesnt work.. If you find a way let me know... The program their talking about roots pretty easy though

***GUMMYCHARGED***

leftspin

Reaction score
Be very cautious.. My brother did the same thing.. You have to find a way to delete super user off your phone before rerooting... A factory reset doesnt work.. If you find a way let me know... The program their talking about roots pretty easy though

***GUMMYCHARGED***

I'll post the link in the other thread too TJF

very first post on that page, I realize it's page 15 and not the start of the thread:

[ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX) - Page 15

Last edited: