Rooting problems?

vinylgruve

Reaction score
Tried to root with z4root here and it just hangs/locks the phone. SuperOneClick hangs on my machine and doesn't recognize the phone when plugging it in (even after installing the driver).

When using `adb devices` the list doesn't show anything.

After installing z4root and loading, touching permanent/temporary root seems to have no effect. The 'loading' graphic sits there and the app hangs at running the exploit. Sometimes it even locks the phone to the point where I can only get it to back by pulling out the battery.

USB debugging is enabled on the device running: 2.1-update1

Build number SCH-I400.DJ20

ThePravus

Reaction score
z4 worked for me but I had to try a few times. Locked my phone up the first time. When it worked I actuall ygot a text while it was running and backed out of the app. It suddenly popped back up while I was replying and said it was rebooting the phone. It rebooted and was rooted.

OP
vinylgruve

vinylgruve

Reaction score
What phone do you have? You posted in a samsung section yet your profile indicates Droid.

I have a Droid myself, but also have a Continuum that I am trying to root to remove the bloatware. Thanks for the links though

z4 worked for me but I had to try a few times. Locked my phone up the first time. When it worked I actuall ygot a text while it was running and backed out of the app. It suddenly popped back up while I was replying and said it was rebooting the phone. It rebooted and was rooted.

From what I have been reading, z4's successful rate of root and how it's done on the phone is far too random to even be reliable (at least for the Continuum). People have said they turn the screen off and back on and it worked, or get a text and it worked. It shies me away from even using it anymore.

Approximately how long do/did you wait before getting a text or it working?

dfgged

Reaction score

From what I have been reading, z4's successful rate of root and how it's done on the phone is far too random to even be reliable (at least for the Continuum). People have said they turn the screen off and back on and it worked, or get a text and it worked. It shies me away from even using it anymore.

I have a forum post over at the android forums with how I rooted my continuum, here is a link: How to root the continuum - Android Forums