Can't Root Droid Pro - now Soft Bricked?

johnjk07

Reaction score
Hey All,

Bought an Unlocked Verizon Droid Pro off eBay. Trying to unlock the radio band.

After trying several times to root it with z4 (z4 would just quit suddenly) and the SuperOneClick (kept hanging on WaitForDevice), I tried to flash it with DROIDPRO_2.26.20.sbf.

However, RSDlite will get to a part where it says "Switching Device to BP pass mode" and then fails. I tried downloading my SBF from a couple location, even verified the Checksum. The phone just says corrupt code, and waits to be loaded.

Used 64 bit drivers from Motorola, (running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate) and RSD lite 5.6. Also tried RSD lite 4.8, and older versions Motorola Drivers. Tried running in Win XP compability mode, tried putting SBF file on C:/ root, tried running as admin, always the same. Even tried on a different Win 7 x64 pro machine, same results.

What am I missing?

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
You're not missing anything, but I'd imagine you feel scared out of your mind just like I did when I encountered that.

Here's a list of things to try, at least one of these should work:
1) Change USB cables
2) Change USB ports or computers
3) Put the SBF on the root of the C: drive

It will work. Do not fear.

OP
J

johnjk07

Reaction score
Tried different USB ports and putting it on the root of the C drive - haven't tried a different USB cable.

Going to try an XP machine if I can get a hold of one.

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
Tried different USB ports and putting it on the root of the C drive - haven't tried a different USB cable.

Going to try an XP machine if I can get a hold of one.

Ah, yes. Forgot to mention that. Some people say that's also a good plan.

bengggggg

Reaction score
I have a similar problem: the unrooting tools tell me that I have a "read-only file system"