New Update and want to ROOT. . .

Ride

Reaction score
OK, got the new update this morning. I was hoping that the DROOOOIIIID sound would respond to volume settings, but they still haven't seen fit to fix it. So . . . I went to Root and no love:
1. downloaded the Z4Root on SD card
2. installed Z4
3. Connect device to PC & USB debugging checked off in 'development'
4. Run Z4root from apps and select 'Temporary'
. . . . .
- it runs, but at one point, just disappears. No success message and when I try Root Explorer, I only have r/o access in System / Media

HELP: anyone have any ideas on how to get around this? Does temp work or do I need to go permanent? (if I go Perm, can I reverse once I'm done with the audio changes?)

jwgraves

Reaction score
I downloaded aroot and it worked. I had to run it twice but now I'm rooted again.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Z4 doesn't work on the DROID pro with the newest update. Aroot hasn't worked for me either.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

jwgraves

Reaction score
Z4 doesn't work on the DROID pro with the newest update. Aroot hasn't worked for me either.

Did you try running aroot a second time? First time did nothing for me, the second time did the trick.

kjjb0204

Reaction score
Sure did. Tried it multiple times on each usb setting, use debugging enabled. Out of 7 or 8 attempts it only rebooted once but still wasn't rooted. No superuser app installed.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
aRoot hasn't worked for me either, and I've tried multiple times. Debugging is enabled, and I've tried it in every USB mode. It opens, runs, and says it rooted the phone, but nothing ever happens with the phone itself.

tennvol

Reaction score
I had to search xda for a different version of aroot. Downloaded it and updated superuser. Im back in business.

For whatever reason the version posted elsewhere in the pro forum appeared to work, even rebooted my pro....but didn't root

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums

Kaos2flo

Reaction score

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
aRoot finally worked for me after I installed the latest USB drivers from Motorola:

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

All is now well. :)

That did the trick for me, thank you!!!!!

Can you point us to the version of ARoot that you used? / link? Thanks.

I used the one found in wissammuslimany's post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-pro/141075-latest-update-6.html#post1468632

Direct link:

Download aRoot!

Omgitsjack

Reaction score
Just Remember to Unmount ur SD Card if you want to use Aroot, it works perfectly.