New Update and want to ROOT. . .

StingRay

Reaction score
for those of you that have used aroot after the recent update....once you root with aroot, do you install Droid2 Bootstrap as was the case previously?

I finally got aroot to work, but when I tried to use Bootstrap I got an error message....going to unroot and try again....

EDIT: Was finally able to get a "good" root with aroot and install Bootstrap and other superuser necessary apps....

Last edited:

kjjb0204

Reaction score
for those of you that have used aroot after the recent update....once you root with aroot, do you install Droid2 Bootstrap as was the case previously?

I finally got aroot to work, but when I tried to use Bootstrap I got an error message....going to unroot and try again....

EDIT: Was finally able to get a "good" root with aroot and install Bootstrap and other superuser necessary apps....

Good post. I've been debating loading the d2 bootstrap. Think I'll give it a go.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

StingRay

Reaction score
Good luck! If you've rooted and have some apps working with superuser, then Bootstrap should work fine...took me a while to actually get rooted with aroot though....

bulljos79

Reaction score
I was using z4 before the update. Would anyone give me instructions for using aroot. I downloaded it to my pc but not quite sure what to do with it next. Thanks for any info!

Reaction score
I just used SuperOneClick v1.9 with the drivers package included. Successful root on the first try. Nice to have my wireless tether back! :icon_ banana:dancedroid

obutto

Reaction score
SuperOneClick worked for me. I tried to Unroot my old broken one, didn't work. I ended up just overwriting the old Root and it worked perfectly. I'll be tethering on my new MBP :)

androzza

Reaction score
Do all the rooting options now require running software on a PC?

The nice thing about Z4Root was that you could download it straight to the phone. I was trying to figure out a way to run aroot from an SD card, but haven't been able to get it to work.

Any ideas?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Do all the rooting options now require running software on a PC?

The nice thing about Z4Root was that you could download it straight to the phone. I was trying to figure out a way to run aroot from an SD card, but haven't been able to get it to work.

Any ideas?

I think the only ways to root the Pro after the latest update require being connected to a PC. There aren't any other methods that work currently that I'm aware of.

AParamedic

Reaction score
As an FYI to all, I had some trouble rooting with superoneclick... I downloaded 1.91 with the driver pack to no avail - it kept hanging at "waiting for device".

I went to the motorola support website for the droid pro (USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA), downloaded the latest drivers, and rebooted my computer.

I'm happy to report that downloading the drivers from motorola did the trick and now I'm rooted again!

yolie1214

Reaction score
I was having a problem myself for a while now... Then milski65 sent me a link to *********** and I put in z4root and was able to download it with no problems finally. =0) I checked with the xda to make sure this was the most updated version... I was unable to register with xda because it said verizon wireless ip addresses werent permitted do to the spam etc??? so I have to wait to register from another computer to go there. thought I would share.

Can anyone tell me though. I downloaded the Titanium backup pro do I go ahead and back up everything now?

r3j2

Reaction score
Rooting under Linux

Hey guys,

Having some trouble getting a root. I also had SuperOneClick hang at the "Waiting for device" step, but I can't use the drivers that seemed to solve everyone's problems. Tried to run aRoot via Dosbox and it executes, but doesn't do anything to my phone. Probably a limitation of Dosbox. I guess I could try and use a friend's windows machine, but I was really hoping for another option.

Thanks,

Rog

r3j2

Reaction score
So I got a hold of a 32bit Win 7 machine and neither of these exploits worked. aRoot would run, but never actually get my phone to reboot, much less get root. I ran it several times. SuperOneClick 1.91 would just hang at "Waiting for device", even after I installed the latest motorola drivers. USB debugging was enabled. The SD card was unmounted. I tried numerous connection modes, but no dice. Is there anything I am missing?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So I got a hold of a 32bit Win 7 machine and neither of these exploits worked. aRoot would run, but never actually get my phone to reboot, much less get root. I ran it several times. SuperOneClick 1.91 would just hang at "Waiting for device", even after I installed the latest motorola drivers. USB debugging was enabled. The SD card was unmounted. I tried numerous connection modes, but no dice. Is there anything I am missing?

Did you update the Motorola USB drivers?

USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

Just like for you, aRoot would run for me, but the phone never rebooted or got root. But once I updated the USB drivers, it worked on the first try.