New to MIUI...question about kernels(?)

TopDroid

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im new to MIUI and this may be a stupid question but can you install kernels to this rom? If so which ones? Ive looked everywhere but cant seem to find an answer!!
Thanks guys

ziltoid

Reaction score
Sure you can. I'm using slayher_7x1100LV_v1.6

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Cpu tuner also works -free i personally use setcpu.

Reaction score
Yeah originally they had a small list of kernels that were tested and confirmed to be working, don't know where it went but it used to be in the release post. Anyways that list consisted of Chevy's Kernels(11/5 releases), Slayher's LFY kernels, and I believe P3 kernels. I'm using the P3 1250 lv and my phone is flying.

revenge8

Reaction score
I use P3Droid's LV 1000 kernal and ive never had a problem with it on this or any other ROM

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have MIUI installed with Slayher 1 GH and setCPU. All work well.

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
Im running MIUI 12.24 Slayher 1.2 ghz w/ bt I cant get compcache to autostart, is ther something I can do to make this possible?

epiliofunk

Reaction score
I'm also using slayher 1.1 ghz. I was wondering what is the recommended min I should set my droid at with setcpu?

Zerfingiv

Reaction score
No kernel seems to work on mine (droid 1 12.24.10.1) I've wiped and tried again many times but still nothing will load. I keep getting bootloops with everything from 1.25-1. What else can I do? I used P3, chevyno1, and slayer.

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
did you try different versions of slayher?? mine also worked wit p3... flash a p3droid kernel then flash ramzwap.zip if doesnt work with ramswapzip flash petes compcache zip mine worked in that order... my droid works best with slayher so i flashed bak to slayther

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
oh sorry thought asked about compcache responded on wrong thread

Zerfingiv

Reaction score
did you try different versions of slayher?? mine also worked wit p3... flash a p3droid kernel then flash ramzwap.zip if doesnt work with ramswapzip flash petes compcache zip mine worked in that order... my droid works best with slayher so i flashed bak to slayther

tried that but it gets stuck at the m logo for as long as i leave it, then i have to pull the battery. I can't find pete's compache. which kernel (speed) should i attempt this "workaround"?

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
if on a bootloop you mught be overlocking your devive you myght want to try lower speed, mine also went into a bootloop when overlocking over 1.2 -- you can find all zips if you do a kernel search, also try searching anykernel by koush if you have any problems getting zips give me your email adress and will upload what i have for you..