New soak test

pctechdude

Reaction score
Just received an invite from Motorola about new software for the d2g. While I no longer have one my mom does. May go over tomorrow and use hers for the soak test.

Nobody has posted anything about it so I figured I'd give a heads up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FatJim

Reaction score
They missed me I guess. Keep us posted.

Edit: should have looked at email. I'm good.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Last edited:

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
I got one too

Sent from my DROID 2G w/4.5.608 using Droid Forum app

Kimo91

Reaction score
So did I tonight...funny cause I had the D2G for over a year and got no invite...upgrade to the Razr and I've already had 3 soak test invites for my old phone that my daughter owns for a few more days till her D3 comes in LOL

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR

Drivenby

Reaction score
I dont have Verizon Wireless , does this mean i cant get the update?

I Also have the bloatware script installed

jojoferari

Reaction score
Anybody receive the OTA yet?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

DmdStar

Reaction score
I got the OTA .629 update this morning about 11am CST. No noticeable differences as yet from .608, except seems to have slightly better performance.

silver6054

Reaction score
I got the OTA .629 update this morning about 11am CST. No noticeable differences as yet from .608, except seems to have slightly better performance.

Can't find a root method that works, and the Droid X experience seems to suggest that there isn't one at present. And probably shouldn't try SBFing back, as that bricked the droid X after the recent update.

DmdStar

Reaction score
Yeah, I was scared to even try Pete's root tool. I am able to get to the bootloader by standard means, but am not planning to try SBF until someone else tries it. :) Can't risk a brick. Think I'll stick to stock until at least after the test period is done, and truly participate in the soak test. It really does seem to have much better performance than stock .608 did.

silver6054

Reaction score
Yeah, I was scared to even try Pete's root tool. I am able to get to the bootloader by standard means, but am not planning to try SBF until someone else tries it. :) Can't risk a brick. Think I'll stick to stock until at least after the test period is done, and truly participate in the soak test. It really does seem to have much better performance than stock .608 did.

I tried both Pete's root tool and the Droid 4 (motofail) method, both failed but without apparently causing any damage. Some Droid X people report success with using various types of RootKeeper (install *before* doing the update) but it may not be possible to update with that in place (don't know because I forgot to try).

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Can someone rip out the camera app with adb? It's possible even without root.

adb is present in Pete's Root Tools, under the “tools” subdirectory.

Code:
adb pull /system/app/BlurCamera.apk
adb pull /system/app/BlurCamera.odex