new soak test

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
#9. Complain about everyone else complaining too much lol

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

And at the risk of having this moved...

Q: How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

A: 1,331
1 to change the light bulb and to post to the forum that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.
53 to flame the spell checkers.
41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.
156 to write to the moderators complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to the forum.
109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this exchange to the Light Bulb Forum.
203 to demand that cross posting to other forums about changing light bulbs be stopped.
111 to defend the posting to this forum by saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this forum.
82 to smugly say that since they use LEDs, and not light bulbs, why don't others do the same.
1 to post an irrelevant question about toasters.
305 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands of light bulbs work best for this.
26 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.
32 to quote the entire post, whether it's relevant or not, adding "Me Too."
19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."
2 to respond to something that has already been answered because they didn't read the entire thread.
11 to post that they are unsubscribing because they can't handle the light bulb controversy.
4 to suggest that posters view the light bulb FAQ before posting.
1 to propose new Change Light Bulb Forum.
47 to say that is what this forum was meant for, so leave it there.
61 to vote for the new Change Light Bulb Forum.
1 to resurrect the thread months later to ask which is the best light bulb.

We have to remember that most people who buy a smartphone do not join a forum and have no clue that an update is coming, much less a soak test. And some of them may not even know what ICS is.

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
And 1 to say ROFLMAO!!! HAHAHA!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

ripper2860

Reaction score

1 to change the light bulb and to post to the forum that the light bulb has been changed.
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
156 to write to the moderators complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to the forum.
109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this exchange to the Light Bulb Forum.
203 to demand that cross posting to other forums about changing light bulbs be stopped.
111 to defend the posting to this forum by saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts **are** relevant to this forum.
82 to smugly say that since they use LEDs, and not light bulbs, why don't others do the same.
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands of light bulbs work best for this.
27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this list which makes light bulbs relevant to this list.
33 to quote the entire post, whether it's relevant or not, adding "Me Too."
12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they can't handle the light bulb controversy.
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ.

We have to remember that most people who buy a smartphone do not join a forum and have no clue that an update is coming, much less a soak test. And some of them may not even know what ICS is.

Me Too!!!

B

bens42608

OMG!! Grrrr. I don't even care about ICS anymore but it's the suspense that's killing me! I cannot stand waiting for things! It'd be alot easier if I didn't even know I was getting ICS!
$$$$$ IGNORANCE IS BLISS $$$$$

B

bens42608

Well yes of course it's useless but that's also why all these people like to come in here and complain their brains out until they feel better. people don't like to wait for things especially don't like to sit there quietly and hold it all in while they wait for things. they like to get it out by complaining and complaining and whining that's why I thread like this is inevitable and it might even be psychologically beneficial for some people

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Well yes of course it's useless but that's also why all these people like to come in here and complain their brains out until they feel better. people don't like to wait for things especially don't like to sit there quietly and hold it all in while they wait for things. they like to get it out by complaining and complaining and whining that's why I thread like this is inevitable and it might even be psychologically beneficial for some people

Reminds me of when my son was younger, he would complain and throw a tantrum. I'd ask him, "do you feel better now?", he'd reply, "yes"

On the other hand... kinda makes you wonder what the ratio is between new phone releases and useful updates :confused:

Sent from my butt-kick'n DROID BIONIC Bionic using Tapatalk2

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I think it's either delayed or they're moving on to .905 or higher and they didn't tell us.. Anyways, I think the Custom ROM devs should apply to work at Motorola, but Motorola wouldn't want someone working for them who also develops for rooted users.

B

bens42608

I think it's either delayed or they're moving on to .905 or higher and they didn't tell us.. Anyways, I think the Custom ROM devs should apply to work at Motorola, but Motorola wouldn't want someone working for them who also develops for rooted users.

Well that is unlikely wishful thinking. But I like it :)

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
bens42608 said:
OMG!! Grrrr. I don't even care about ICS anymore but it's the suspense that's killing me! I cannot stand waiting for things! It'd be alot easier if I didn't even know I was getting ICS!
$$$$$ IGNORANCE IS BLISS $$$$$

I love my Bionic the way it is! They say ICS is different! Not just a kind. of update like going from 2.2 to 2.3. I might not like different! What if I want to change it back? Will I have to root it just to go back to Gingerbread?
I want to try it, so I dont want to block it! I think this is a fair question???
What say U?

deduct

Reaction score
electricman58 said:
I love my Bionic the way it is! They say ICS is different! Not just a kind. of update like going from 2.2 to 2.3. I might not like different! What if I want to change it back? Will I have to root it just to go back to Gingerbread?
I want to try it, so I dont want to block it! I think this is a fair question???
What say U?

I say you should root now and try out an ics rom. Gives you a pretty darn good idea of what official ics is. I personally like it and can't wait for the official release.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
aaf709 said:

1 to post an irrelevant question about toasters.
305 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands of light bulbs work best for this.
27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.
3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this forum which makes light bulbs relevant to this forum.
33 to quote the entire post, whether it's relevant or not, adding "Me Too."
11 to post that they are unsubscribing because they can't handle the light bulb controversy.
4 to suggest that posters view the light bulb FAQ before posting.
1 to resurrect the thread months later to ask which is the best light bulb.

^^^^This offends me, and upsets my delicate sensibilities.... sniff sniff.... baahahhahahahahaha. Roflmfao...

Seriously... ^^^^ genius!!

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
deduct said:
I say you should root now and try out an ics rom. Gives you a pretty darn good idea of what official ics is. I personally like it and can't wait for the official release.

Kinda scared to do that really! Dont wanna be posting later a "HELP! I Bricked my phone!!! " LOL. The auto rooting postings look like their easy, but not knowing how to mess with roms have put me off a little.

B

bens42608

I also think my current gingerbread builds I'd perfect and making a huge change to Ics is a bad idea-if it don't broke don't fix it.... But it's just the curiosity that's killing me + the wait and the anxiety of just everything it to be over. Don't see How out it can maker my phone better than it already ifs though. Prolly will just give us new problems to deal with..but it is the future and I need to stay up to date

Otakulad

Reaction score
bens42608 said:
I also think my current gingerbread builds I'd perfect and making a huge change to Ics is a bad idea-if it don't broke don't fix it.... But it's just the curiosity that's killing me + the wait and the anxiety of just everything it to be over. Don't see How out it can maker my phone better than it already ifs though. Prolly will just give us new problems to deal with..but it is the future and I need to stay up to date

If you haven't tried it I think you would be surprised. The screen to me feels more responsive and the screen even looks better. I've tried dhacker and droidth3ory ROMS and liked them both.