New SD card--best procedure

darksideSound

Reaction score
I want to pull the 8G micro SD chip and put in a 16G chip. With all the apps and pix and everything on the SD chip now, what is the best way to save everything onto the new chip? My Droid2 is rooted and I have some useful utilities.

Do I want to pop the new chip into a carrier, mount it on my laptop, and tether the Droid to access both, and then switch SD chips on the Droid? Or do I have to write the new chip entirely from the Droid to get it into the right format.??

Don't want to sweep up the golden sidewalk while I'm standing on it.

=zz=.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just make a copy of it on the computer and then move it to the other one.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I would move any apps you have on the sd card to the phone first, then copy everything from the card to your PC then from your PC to the new card.

ebruot

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you will have to format the card with your phone, not your pc first.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you will have to format the card with your phone, not your pc first.

It is not absolutely necessary to format the card. I have switched to several different cards and did not format any of them.

Big Ry

Reaction score
On all the various computers/phones/memorys cards/drives/etc I've NEVER had to format any storage media...period, even if I got a popup warning saying I needed to. I don't use apple products, so maybe that's why. OP Just copy to PC, then copy that to the new card...couldn't be easier ;)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk