New SD Card?

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have a rooted Droid 2. I have everything backed up with Titanium Backup, and even synced to Dropbox on their website and my laptop.

Let's say I wanted to put a bigger SD Card in the phone, like a 16GB card instead of the 8GB card that came with the phone.

Will I retain everything, intact, if I do that? When Titanium Backup synced everything to Dropbox it was 455 MB and 2368 files, I'm assuming that was EVERYTHING on the phone and the SD Card.

How easy will it be and will it cause any unnecessary hassles?

My thought is if I have everything (apps and data) backed up, if I put in a new card and run a full restore will I lose anything?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Connect your phone to your comp and transfer everything from your sd card to a new folder. Install the new card, reconnect the phone and transfer everything back. No hassles and everything is just the way it was on the 8gig card.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Connect your phone to your comp and transfer everything from your sd card to a new folder. Install the new card, reconnect the phone and transfer everything back. No hassles and everything is just the way it was on the 8gig card.

Thanks! Does the new card have to be formatted?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Yeah format the new card then transfer away