New Samsung Galaxy S6 Rumors Suggest Crazy Ideas Being Considered

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-note-edge-detailed-multi-angle.jpg

According to the latest intel from an industry insider, Samsung is considering some very crazy ideas in order for the Galaxy S6 to make up for the failure of the Galaxy S5. Reportedly, Samsung is still in the "prototype" stage and are working on a large number of different ideas in order to really shake things up with their 6th generation flagship Galaxy S device.

Here's a quote with more of the details,

According to SamsungRep2015, Project Zero — the alleged code name for the Galaxy S6, which was mentioned in many other leaks — is real, and Samsung is exploring various wild designs for the handset.

“Project Zero is indeed a real thing. I’ve also seen two different GS6 Edge variants, one with the normal Youm display on the Edge, and one with dual curved edges,” he said. “However, when I went to my orientation, a few weeks before the S5 came out I got to physically see the 5.2 inch version. Samsung prototypes a lot and things change extremely rapidly.”

“As far as performance, benchmarks are noticeably higher but not by earth shattering amounts. Overall device responsiveness is vastly improved, and memory consumption is way down. Some build have freed over a gig of memory consumption from cold boot,” SamsungRep2015 added.

“[It’s] not just specs Samsung is focusing on this time around. I’ve heard lots of rumblings about crazy new designs (and I’m not just talking Galaxy Alpha ‘redesigns’ either.) Spec wise though, that all lines up with what I’ve seen/heard, but again there’s quite a good chunk of time between now and April,” he said, answering to the question of a Reddit user who listed some of the expected specs for the handset.

It looks like Sammy is "going back to the drawing board" to see what they can get to stick with the next Galaxy S6 model. Do you think they will come up with something innovative?

Source: BGR

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I hope so, ugly hardware and Touchwiz are the only reasons I have no plans on sticking with Samsung after my S4. I use Nova Launcher to hide Touchwiz, anyways, but it's pretty sad that I even have to do this in the first place.

bigdad63

Reaction score
If the Note 5 doesn't get "crazy" with front facing speakers and at least a 64gb memory choice my next upgrade from my note 3 won't be a samsung. The Nexus 6 was a SD card and removable battery away from getting my money.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless Sammy seriously backtracks on their locked-down hardware, this Note 4 will be the last Samsung Android device I purchase. I could not care less how innovative and cutting edge it is if they lock me out of my own device.

486468_483073481722110_439487325_n.jpg

flames21.gif

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't see the appeal of curved edges - if they can get it to a full 90 degrees that opens a LOT of intriguing possibilities.

Personally I'd just like it on the top edge - move the capacitive buttons there and let a swipe control volume.