New questions about ring back tones

bogginblazer

Reaction score
First off this is not about ring tones. If i should post this some where eles just let me know.

If u call verizon and ask. They will tell u u can get ur ring back tones from a different place other then verizon. If u chek this out tell me what u think.

http://www.ehow.com/i/#article_6131522

Because i do not have a computer other then my phone im kinda hard up. If some one who is better then i at searching the web could help that would be great.

Cant wait to here from u guys.
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why not either use the mp3 files you have on your phone now or purchase some from Amazon? Then download ringdroid and make your own ringtones.

OP
bogginblazer

bogginblazer

Reaction score
There not ring tones.

A ring back tone is when u here music when u call some one instead of just that bell ring.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
1) I dont see how this works...the "instructions" have nothing to do with as to how to go about making this downloaded file a ringback tone.

2) Ringback tones are controlled from Verizons side...not the end-user side...hence why we have to pay for the file as well as a $.99 a month service charge...

3) I dont know about anyone else, but when I connect my Droid X to my PC via USB, no "icon" of my phone shows up at all, no matter what USB Mode I am in at that time...

4) Again, I reiterate, in the instructions, there is no directions as to make this an actual ringback tone. What is described on the other hand, is how to download and make a regular ringtone...

5) A Google Search of "Free Verizon Ring Back Tones", brings you to this results page, where the Top 5 results all end up at the same point...Verizon Ring Back Tones are controlled through Verizon...meaning there is no way for you to circumnavigate the process and effectively "steal" this service.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There not ring tones.

A ring back tone is when u here music when u call some one instead of just that bell ring.

Did you read my post? You download ringdroid from the Market and you use the mp3 files to make your own ring tones. And yes, they are ring tones.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
There not ring tones.

Did you read my post? You download ringdroid from the Market and you use the mp3 files to make your own ring tones. And yes, they are ring tones.
Hook...pardon me if I am stating the obvious...

The OP knows what a ringtone is...what he is asking about, is Verizon`s RingBack Tones service. These "ringtones" are not heard by you when your phone rings...but are heard on the other callers line when they call you.

What he is wanting to do is be able to make and use his own ringback tones...something that isnt supported by Verizon Wireless considering we have to pay $1.99 for each tone as well as a $0.99 a month service charge...

Hope this make is more clear...:)

jethro

Reaction score
Ring Back Tones are the music people here when THEY are calling you, not what YOU hear when they are calling you. As far as I know, you can only Get them and set them through Verizon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh, ok.... I'm sorry, I was just trying to help.

Bah....It's not a great day today.:blink:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Oh, ok.... I'm sorry, I was just trying to help.

Bah....It's not a great day today.:blink:

No worries Big Guy...I knew what you were trying to do...hence me posting what I did.

Sorry to hear today hasnt been good...mine has sucked as well. I am currently battling Strep and a mean Chest Cold...

Hope ya have a better tomorrow....:)

OP
bogginblazer

bogginblazer

Reaction score
Welp o broke down and got em. My issues is there only 15 sec long