all those ring tones and they all suck!

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So nobody uses 4shared and sends them via mms anymore? They have a gazzillion simple plings , blips,bleeps and other message type tones or I just make my own on bitpim.I use ringo lite for assigning them to contacts for calls and texts. Its nice being able to know who just texted me before I look

sent from my Incredible via Tapatalk

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
I'm beginning to think I'm losing it or a total dummy or something ... maybe I've just been in this computer business too long..... The so-called manual is worthless. There's virtually no information around on how to install custom ring tones. Even the information on the Motorola site

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48606/kw/ringtones/p/30%2C6720%2C7500

appears to be wrong or I can't understand it. I press and hold an MP3 either song or downloaded ringtone and there is not option to make it my ringtone like the link above says.

Am I just an idiot or what?
it's you...

I'm watchin' you. :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil:

See above, particularly: Too bad they don't explain this anywhere
smile.gif

Last edited:

richpjr

Reaction score
You can beat the tried and true Jack Bauer ring tone from 24.

Gene Hirschman

Reaction score
Okay after searching half the day... I just found the explanation on another forum:
Customized Ringtones on the Droid X - Android Forums

-----------------
You must create in the root directory of the SD Card these paths:
Media/Audio/Ringtones
Media/Audio/Notifications
Media/Audio/Alarms

Ringdroid will also do this for you...

Then just dump the MP3s you want in those respective folders. Too bad they don't explain this anywhere
smile.gif

The only notification sound you can't change to your own is the SD Card notification sound, because the system can't access the SD Card when it's mounting.
------------------------
Thanks sooooo much for your research and instructions. Great instructions too, I might add.
I've spent the better part of last night trying to input a new ringtone to my "new" Droid X and you came through. Thanks. :icon_ banana:

OP
kennyc

kennyc

Reaction score
Okay after searching half the day... I just found the explanation on another forum:
Customized Ringtones on the Droid X - Android Forums

-----------------
You must create in the root directory of the SD Card these paths:
Media/Audio/Ringtones
Media/Audio/Notifications
Media/Audio/Alarms

Ringdroid will also do this for you...

Then just dump the MP3s you want in those respective folders. Too bad they don't explain this anywhere
smile.gif

The only notification sound you can't change to your own is the SD Card notification sound, because the system can't access the SD Card when it's mounting.
------------------------
Thanks sooooo much for your research and instructions. Great instructions too, I might add.
I've spent the better part of last night trying to input a new ringtone to my "new" Droid X and you came through. Thanks. :icon_ banana:

Cool! Wasn't my instructions though -- credit to the poster at the link above.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ringo will do that

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

alboboy10

Reaction score
Zedge is good, but also putting mp3's and then downloading ringdroid is even better.