New market 2.2.7

trowa

Reaction score
I have had no luck installing the new market. Tried to install as apk with astro says it fails to update. Renamed it to update.zip installed manually in clockwork and it starts installing then goes right back to main menu with no errors or anything. It doesn't even show the log that it installed anything. I wiped market cache and dalvik cache and tried again. Same problem. Tried the 2.2.6 and also some random theme blue and red ports same problem.

Any ideas?

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Ok, first thing you will need to do is flash back to the last time you had a working market... it sucks but that is the ONLY way you will fix it now....

Once you have flashed back to the old market and VERIFIED that is IS WORKING......

Click "blacked out" in my sig to get the black/transparent market or go to Post #3 in this thread and get my "black market" or any of the others in Post #3.... that's the newest market....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...05022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk.html

Once you have downloaded one of the zips, they are all zips and MUST be installed through clockwork.... That is the ONLY way to install market so that it works..... the ONLY way!!!!

So,

flash back to working market
download a new market zip
flash zip in recovery
new market works....:)

OP
T

trowa

Reaction score
Thanks that installed without error.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you installed one of my markets, it will be called "black" or "blackX" market in your apps list and app drawer....:)

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
Ok, first thing you will need to do is flash back to the last time you had a working market... it sucks but that is the ONLY way you will fix it now....

Once you have flashed back to the old market and VERIFIED that is IS WORKING......

Click "blacked out" in my sig to get the black/transparent market or go to Post #3 in this thread and get my "black market" or any of the others in Post #3.... that's the newest market....

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...05022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk.html

Once you have downloaded one of the zips, they are all zips and MUST be installed through clockwork.... That is the ONLY way to install market so that it works..... the ONLY way!!!!

So,

flash back to working market
download a new market zip
flash zip in recovery
new market works....:)

Thanks for answering there sir.. we are working on upgrading the markets but like he said its not an easy thing. for some reason the markets just wont install with the rom . that all force close . thats why the market currently to install through gapps is a basic non themed. we are working on the new market and believe weve made progress on them being stable . but we wont put them in until they are stable a crashing market is not a good thing :)