New market apk wont install

hakaida

Reaction score
I followed directions and tried to install the new market apk because my current market keeps FC and it wont install. FC the market, cleared cache and data. Renamed it and rebooted and tried to install the new apk. argh. If my market is down for more than a few days, I'll probably have to go to a plain rooted froyo rom like my gf cuz hers works fine.

RevivaL

Reaction score
why don't you just go back to the old market and wait for a fix? seems logical to me

OP
H

hakaida

Reaction score
the old market has been FC me all day long

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
You cannot install the new market thru the APK, has to be done as an update.zip with this ROM.

Take the market here: Download: New Android Market Version 2.2.6 for All 2.2 Phones (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Rename the downloaded file to update.zip, place on SD card, boot to recovery and install.

That is how I got it working on my Saph 1.1.1.

Also, don't worry that it is not the 2.2.7 version just released, the only thing that build did was correct display issues on larger screens.

IronFox

Reaction score
I have tried both apk and zip and neither will install for 1.1.1 or 2.0

IronFox

Reaction score
tried again and still didnt work. renamed to update.zip and it installed using clockwork mod, but still remains as the old market.

kevev99

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem too with getting the updated Market to install. I tried both as update.zip and apk in both Sapphire 1.1.1 and now 2.0.0. I'm using SPRecovery but no luck. I get "Installation aborted" using both the download from the Droid-Life link and the other download link in another market thread on here. Thoughts?

shr1k3r

Reaction score