The new market?

B

budmonster

Where can I get the new Market apk? Also, has anyone had any problems with it? Do I just install it right over the old one using astro or root explorer?

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't have the new Market apk, sorry.

And problems? The new Market absolutely bites as far as I'm concerned. Didn't want it, didn't ask for it. My phone has ran like crap since the moment I started it up this morning. Took me an hour just to get my 3G service and for it to update every one of my apps.

I've wiped Market cache/data, programmed through *228 and nothing is working.

I can't stand Verizon, just love their phones.

detox

Reaction score
Where can I get the new Market apk? Also, has anyone had any problems with it? Do I just install it right over the old one using astro or root explorer?

Ok...I don't have the apk but I have the zip that you install throught clockwork. Do not wipe data or cache. Just install zip from sd card- choose zip- select yes- reboot

http://db.tt/qlnoKpb

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
I've been running the new market for about a week now. Its a lot different looking than the old but I like it, no problems so far.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

Ok...I don't have the apk but I have the zip that you install throught clockwork. Do not wipe data or cache. Just install zip from sd card- choose zip- select yes- reboot

http://db.tt/qlnoKpb

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Yea I didn't install it myself. Just went to open it this morning and it was on there. Looks cool but runs like crap for me.

OP
B

budmonster

I just opened up my Market and bam it theres now. My 3G went to 1x, dont know why..hmmm

EDIT: I also hate vzw service, just like there phones.

cjriddle22

Reaction score
I just opened up my Market and bam it theres now. My 3G went to 1x, dont know why..hmmm

EDIT: I also hate vzw service, just like there phones.

How can you guys hate Verizon service?

Have you ever had another carrier? At&t is crap, Sprint is great in the 4 square miles they have service, and T-mobile is At&t or Sprint dipped in weak sauce.

Try them out and see what's up.

I love Verizon's phones and I absolutely love their service.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea. I went from Verizon to At&t because I didn't like Verizon service. Was at At&t for 4 years. Other than everyone constantly drooling over the iPhone while I used a BB, I didn't mind the service.

Only reason I changed back to Verizon was for the Droid X. I've had Sprint, Cricket, At&t and a few others that aren't even around anymore, like Airtouch. So yes I've tried them all.

My signal is usually top notch here at Verizon. And warranty has taken care of me numerous times, no questions asked. So I shoulda worded that different when I said service.

Updates maybe. Shoulda said I hate their updates. I don't want the new one and I don't want gingerbread. At least not till I'm up for an upgrade. Although the new Market looks ok, I didn't want it. And its not as quick as before, for ME. Might be fine on others.

But if it continues its gonna be a pain to get it taken care of. I like how my phone was and don't wanna go through the hassle of setting it up again, period...

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
ive only had verizon :( guess thats what happens when work pays for your phone haha

Haha! Verizon's a good company. If they weren't they wouldn't be where they are at now. I just don't like keeping up with the updates. Cause for people like me that don't change their ROM everyday we get left in the dust.

Now all the devs rush out to build ROM's and Themes off new leaks/versions. So I can't try hardly anything new.

I know, it's "evolution", but don't forget about the little people:)

Tap'n from DX while sit'n by a PC.

scarmack

Reaction score
i can see it now. you drive a love bus with shaggy rugs on the side walls and dice in the rear view mirror dont you? because you hate change and dont want to upgrade hahahahahahaha. just playing lol

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
i can see it now. you drive a love bus with shaggy rugs on the side walls and dice in the rear view mirror dont you? because you hate change and dont want to upgrade hahahahahahaha. just playing lol

Oh look everyone, we've got a comedian in the house:)

I do like change as far as looks go, but my phone performs great as is. I change the way it looks constantly, it's in my nature being an artist. But there are new themes coming out that I would love to try out, but I be d@mn'd if I have to update or put a new ROM on (adding all kinds of new problems) in order to try them. You feel me?

And I like speed, did you see my GSX-R in my photo gallery? :)

Ohhhhh yea!!!

Sorry OP for switching up your thread.