New ICS Update - One thing

s4forum18

Reaction score
So far I'm like a little kid at xmas. Quick thing that is bugging me..When I'm typing in a phone number but I want to search by contact name, it doesn't work anymore. Anyone else having this problem.

Example: To get to my dads phone # I would normally press "3(d) 2(a) 3(d)" but now it only searches for numbers that have 323...

OP
S

s4forum18

Reaction score
yes downloaded it last night. checked it manually and let me dl it.

cbryant1809

Reaction score
I ment not available for me yet... :( i saw that it was starting to push, taking forever

OP
S

s4forum18

Reaction score
it took me probably over an hour on wi-fi last night from download>install>boot. Some applications are still running/booting up really slow..

finanandroid

Reaction score
So far I'm like a little kid at xmas. Quick thing that is bugging me..When I'm typing in a phone number but I want to search by contact name, it doesn't work anymore. Anyone else having this problem.

Example: To get to my dads phone # I would normally press "3(d) 2(a) 3(d)" but now it only searches for numbers that have 323...

In my phone it work

dlcramer

Reaction score
Got it to work for me. Typed 666 (just saying... its fitting) and my mom's number came up!

My one thing I have to get used to is I use the numeric screen lock and now the enter key is on the right. Used to be able to unlock without looking at my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

RSmit

Reaction score
Got it to work for me. Typed 666 (just saying... its fitting) and my mom's number came up!

My one thing I have to get used to is I use the numeric screen lock and now the enter key is on the right. Used to be able to unlock without looking at my phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You do realize you will be punished for that right? Too funny. LOL

cpgrl

Reaction score
Works now

You've probably figured this out by now, but I had the same problem the first day after upgrading. Today? It's back to normal. Thank goodness. It was super annoying not being able to search by name. Must be part of the whole new OS optimization thing.

stevo95

Reaction score
I am having a similar problem - it finds some contacts but not all. There seems to be no method behind the ones it finds and the ones it cant find. Any ideas how to fix this, very frustrating!! For example, I have two friends with surname holt in my contacts, they have both been in there forever, and it finds one but not the other :blink:

donelam304

Reaction score
I have a question. I have asked this on the bionic forum nd no one has said anything yet on what it may be. I have a bionic, of course. It's rooted with. . 905 on it. No roms or anything else. I download the ics update and go to install it and I goes about half way then reboots normally and says it failed. Anyone have any suggestions. Or should I just stay with gb. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2