Bionic ICS - Having trouble Choosing Contacts to Call?

kdwisdom

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am sure most of you know this, so just ignore if that is the case, but I have seen some people (and I had the same confusion at first too) say they don't like that you can't choose contacts like we could in the previous version of the Android OS on the Bionic.

So open up your phone and click the phone icon to bring up the dialing screen.
Screenshot_2012-06-28-23-24-33.png
Once there, bring back your memories of good old T9 typing and press the digits with the letters of the persons name, so in this instance, I was looking for Cole Johnson, I typed john (5646) and it brought up him as a possibility. I could have also type Cole (2653) and it would have done the same thing.
Screenshot_2012-06-28-23-24-52.png

There is also a search option but is annoying. This way, you just T9 the persons name and bam, there you go. Hope this helps anyone out there that is or was confused.dancedroid

jwilly216

Reaction score
Cool tip, thanks.just when I thought I I knew all the tricks

deduct

Reaction score
U can also place your phone and people apps in a folder so that u have quick access to both of them.

ForumRunner_20120630_090005.png

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

deduct

Reaction score
Also, you can access the dialer in the people app by pressing the little phone icon on the bottom.

Tonik

Reaction score
deduct said:
Also, you can access the dialer in the people app by pressing the little phone icon on the bottom.

Yea, I just use the people app now. Just wish the option for only with phone numbers was in there too.