New ICS Update - One thing

stevo95

Reaction score
OK, fixed my contacts problem and maybe this will work for you. Removed the touchdown acct and then went into touchdown and did a copy o phone for all contacts. Everyone works fine now and touchdown also appeared by itself in accounts and sync. If you are having the same problem with google, maybe you can try removing the account and adding it in again.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a question. I have asked this on the bionic forum nd no one has said anything yet on what it may be. I have a bionic, of course. It's rooted with. . 905 on it. No roms or anything else. I download the ics update and go to install it and I goes about half way then reboots normally and says it failed. Anyone have any suggestions. Or should I just stay with gb. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Did you freeze or remove any bloatware?

noogie186

Reaction score
number search

i just updated my bionic last nite and it's great...super fast, rock solid, always on 4g, no blips, bugs or glitches at all...the phone it always shoulda been!! just get used to the new appearance but that aint nuthin...i tried the phone number search and mine worked perfectly...went to people, hit the little search icon in lower right corner, started typing...1st letter pulls up that section, 2nd letter narrows down, u kno...works just like it's supposed to. drop by the vz store and make the vz reps get it to work

yearn

Reaction score
donelam304 said:
I have a question. I have asked this on the bionic forum nd no one has said anything yet on what it may be. I have a bionic, of course. It's rooted with. . 905 on it. No roms or anything else. I download the ics update and go to install it and I goes about half way then reboots normally and says it failed. Anyone have any suggestions. Or should I just stay with gb. Thanks in advance for any help.

If you have uninstalled or froze any stock apps it will fail. Also if you have changed any task bar icons (battery, signal, clock) it will fail. You also can't be rooted.
You definitely do not want to stay on GB. ICS is way better. Faster, smoother, better battery life.

Zregnier

Reaction score
I've noticed a bug from .232 that got overlooked. Occasionally when watching a video the sound won't work. I have to go into settings and alter the volume for it to work again.

donelam304

Reaction score
I am guessing that i deleted some bloat ware. How do I get everything back stock. I want to keep root also.

whiddles

Reaction score
I'm not liking the new home screen. I like to be able to hold the home key and see all five screens now I have to scroll through them which takes longer. Is there a way around this?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm not liking the new home screen. I like to be able to hold the home key and see all five screens now I have to scroll through them which takes longer. Is there a way around this?

Coming from Bionic to Galaxy SIII, my first experience with ICS was on the Galaxy. Now, when I updated my Bionic and saw the start screen, I hated it. I'll tell all the haters our there, but touchwiz makes a world of difference.

And yes you can download a different launcher from the marker. APK I used on my bionic.

WolfBrother

Reaction score
I skipped to the end without reading. So if I am late... Sorry.

I kept root by using voodoo ota. It temporary unroots the phone.

I did it. Updated, without any issues. Went back to voodoo, reapplied root. Double checked with root checker.

All is well.

-imagns-

OP
S

s4forum18

Reaction score
UPDATE:

So I updated another Bionic in my family and the same thing happened. I dropped by the VRZ store and they couldn't help me. He was kind of amazed himself I think. The only thing he said was wait towait for the update and try out a third party dialer app (yay) to use.

MOTO 4 the win...

PhoebeAnn

Reaction score
I never knew this feature existed, so I guess I don't miss it much. May be using it wrong (how DO you search for number or name when in the dialer?).

Last edited:

K10sity

Reaction score
Yeah same problem for me too. D-A-D or 3-2-3 does not pull up my Dad's phone number. 6-6-6 is not MOM either. Kind of miss that now. Its more fustrating having to look up numbers in the contact list. Anybody have any suggestions for quick method?