New google play made my market go away :(

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Well, damn.....good thing I checked the forum before going to the Market because as soon as I did, it wanted to upgrade to Google Play.

So far, nothing seems different........

pbickel

Reaction score
I upgraded mine and before a few new adds nothing changed its still named market and everything

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I get what the author is saying. They're not saying that The Market has disappeared from the app list (even though it has), they're saying that the shortcut at the top right of the app tray doesn't work anymore. Makes it harder for people to get to the market if it's not a shortcut on their home screen, because then they have to scroll all the way to the P's to go to the market.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
I get what the author is saying. They're not saying that The Market has disappeared from the app list (even though it has), they're saying that the shortcut at the top right of the app tray doesn't work anymore. Makes it harder for people to get to the market if it's not a shortcut on their home screen, because then they have to scroll all the way to the P's to go to the market.

Yes, this is exactly what I am referring to. This morning I unistalled the Play and Market came back as well as the shortcut. However as soon as I go back into the Market it makes me update to Google Play again! I mean, I don't know what happens if you hit decline rather than accept on the terms of use for Google Play, but I get the impression we don't have an option whether or not to update? Anyways, I hope they find a solution for this. It's kind of ridiculous that Play didn't just replace the Market including it's shortcuts.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What is this crap? I woke up to my market being removed. Fix it google!

Papasmurf

Reaction score
There will probably be a patch put out to fix it. No reason to go CUSE lazy over a shortcut not working. As said before is a moto blur shortcut that needs to be patched not from Google. Sit tight and deal with it for now. Make a short cut on you homescreen if you need to got to the market that much.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand all the hyperventilating over this. I know what tiny icon you're talking about, I just never used it. Big deal. It'll get fixed sooner or later. Like has been said, it's a motoblur issue, not google. Put the Play Store app on your home screen. Problem solved.

Seljeskogs

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up:mad:
Ya think that when the forums light up with "Where's my Market" messages someone maybe shoulda let the end users know WTF was going on?!?!
:soapbox:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Fixed...
Google done..

----posted maxx'ed out----

Yep. Works again. Google had to have fixed it cause there was no OTA from Verizon or Motorola.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

rustydog

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 9
I'm still using the old market. 2. Something. I hate the new market new or old name. Don't care for the movies, books or music. Just apps. I blocked the vending updater, market updater and any and all associated folders. I don't get any forced updates for the market its self.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

I don't anything but apps, the other stuff is BS. I declined the legal stuff for crap that I don't want or use. So not I don't have Market or Play. That's Google for you.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I don't really like the name change, but Google music (now Google play music) is AWESOME. I love streaming my music to anywhere, and it makes it SO easy to buy new music and have access to it anywhere.