Market place replaced with play stor

kimber1911

Reaction score
Quick question. My marketplace app was updated to google play store today. It seems to be the same thing so no big deal until I clicked on the market icon at the top right corner of the menu screen and get a message that says application not installed. Is the any way to get the new play store to work with this or to get the old market place back so it works. I kind of liked that feature. Fyi phone is not rooted. Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

PUMPIE

Reaction score
Android Market Icon

I have been messing with that icon for quite sometime, trying to switch it over to google play & trying to delete it. The last thing I need is another useless app icon that I can't uninstall. Flashing appears to be the only answer.

OP
K

kimber1911

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.I'm new to this stuff does flashing require root? I'm kind of hesitant of that.

PUMPIE

Reaction score
right corner market icon now pulls up google play

Not sure if you still need help, but here's what I did that works:
go to settings, then to apps, then app management, then all, scroll to google play, tap it, then hit uninstall, from there just close it out. Now you should have android market back. At some point within 24 hours when you try to get into the market it will prompt you to install google play, once reinstalled the market icon in app drawertakes you to google play

OP
K

kimber1911

Reaction score
Thanks got market back will this update be automatic or is it something I have to do

OP
K

kimber1911

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help just updated today and everything works fine again