New google play made my market go away :(

Tracey4

Reaction score
Ok, besides the fact that Google Play is just a ridiculous way to rename the Market, it couldn't even replace my market shortcut at the top of the app tray. When I click on it a notification pops up that this application is not installed. Wtf? I don't want a useless icon at the top of my app tray! Please tell me I'm not the only one with this problem.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
Well yes my market icon stayed when Google play installed. I just deleted the icons. Pretty simple. Nothing is installed with the icon its just rubbish.

Sent From My DROID RAZR MAXX

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
The market icon in my app drawer disappeared and was replaced by "Play Store"

OP
T

Tracey4

Reaction score
I don't have the market app in my drawer, just play store, but my problem is the little shortcut at the top of the app drawer for the market. It is still there but does nothing! Is there a way to make it functional or delete it?

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I am a little confused as to the location of this icon. Have you rebooted and it still exists?

garywojdan81

Reaction score
Its the white bag at the top right when you're in the app drawer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I guess i just forgot about the stock app drawer since I installed GO Launcher the first day I got the phone. Like I said before reboot and see of it changes. Other than that i personally don't have it so can't give any other input.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
After hearing about this issue, I'm kind of glad mine hasn't updated yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

monkey_man

Reaction score
Have you try to uninstall the new updated google play store back to market? This way can help you revert to the old market and can perhaps remove those notification for auto update. Once you removed them then you can re-update the market back to the ugly Play Store.

Papasmurf

Reaction score
I forced my update by installing the apk. I had no issue other than the old market icon staying on my home screen. But I use the GO Launcher so I probably have this same issue on the stock one. Just doesn't affect me

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm still using the old market. 2. Something. I hate the new market new or old name. Don't care for the movies, books or music. Just apps. I blocked the vending updater, market updater and any and all associated folders. I don't get any forced updates for the market its self.

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

xmguy

Reaction score
Old market

Sent from my Motorola (Droid) Razr Maxx.. out in the boonies of TN while picking on a guitar!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1331096125205.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331096125205.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 508
  • uploadfromtaptalk1331096135538.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1331096135538.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 424

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same problem with my app tray. That white icon does nothing now. Google needs to fix that. It just says it isn't installed on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yeah I have the same problem with my app tray. That white icon does nothing now. Google needs to fix that. It just says it isn't installed on my phone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

That has nothing to do with Google. That little icon is a built in feature by Motorola blur. Motorola would have to send a patched update to redirect that icon to the play store.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Purple Tapatalk