Android market replaced

Wopback

Reaction score
There's a new market icon called "Google Play"....it replaces the android market. If you want the new icon. Here ya go!!

1. Launch the Android Market 2. Update Google Music 3. When the update has been installed, go to your home screen 4. Pull down the notification shade and tap the Settings icon 5. Tap Apps 6. Go to Market under the “All” tab 7. Press “Clear Data” 8. Open Play Music (that’s what the new Google Music is called) 9. Tap the Market icon in the bottom tray 10. Confirm the upgrade

You’ll be able to tell if you have the new “Market” by looking at the icon in the “Play Store” app. If it’s the new white colored sack with a multicolored arrow on it, you’ve got the new one! Also, the “Market” will no longer show up in your app list, it will have been replaced with the “Play Store”

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

OP
Wopback

Wopback

Reaction score
Most won't need to do this.....it should automatically show up in your app drawer

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved DROID RAZR....

HDG55

Reaction score
Help please. I deleted android market app. I don't know how to get it back. Anyone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
Help please. I deleted android market app. I don't know how to get it back. Anyone?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Assuming you are not rooted, you probably just removed it from your home screen. Go to your App drawer and look for Market in the All apps. You can long press and add it back to your screen.

FWIW, I don't have any new Market icon (Play Store) as the OP suggests. I have updates including the new Google Music (Play Music) but my Market looks the same.

HDG55

Reaction score
thank you for answer. I am not rooted.

t
Assuming you are not rooted, you probably just removed it from your home screen. Go to your App drawer and look for Market in the All apps. You can long press and add it back to your screen.

FWIW, I don't have any new Market icon (Play Store) as the OP suggests. I have updates including the new Google Music (Play Music) but my Market looks the same.

I am not rooted. The icon and the app has disappeared from the applications area. I had tried triedto find it but it ia just gone. Any other ideas? N

HDG55

Reaction score
missing

The icon and app is missing from the all applications area so I don't know how to get it back. Iam not rooted, just frustrated at my lack. Of expertise,

vonfink13

Reaction score
the market app is now called.. play store... it should have deleted the market icon and replaced it with the play store icon...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

biggdave92

Reaction score
Do you still have your Market icon and does it work?

yes, still the old icon and it works. went in to settings, apps, and cleared data from the market. went to home screen and hit the old market icon and it opened "google play" and i had to accept the agreement. still no new icon.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
yes, still the old icon and it works. went in to settings, apps, and cleared data from the market. went to home screen and hit the old market icon and it opened "google play" and i had to accept the agreement. still no new icon.
When you accepted the agreement that should have deleted your old icon and replaced it with the new icon labled Play Store. It is a white shopping bag with a multi colored > inside of it.

lowvolt

Reaction score
I am rooted and sometimes switch between roms. I noticed yesterday while on CM9 the market got replaced. I had to go to the app drawn and find play store and put.it on the homescreen. But I switched to vortex and the market is still the market.
Just wondering if they rolled it out for ics first. ?? Hmmmm.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I am rooted and sometimes switch between roms. I noticed yesterday while on CM9 the market got replaced. I had to go to the app drawn and find play store and put.it on the homescreen. But I switched to vortex and the market is still the market.
Just wondering if they rolled it out for ics first. ?? Hmmmm.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
I'm rooted also and running the Eclipse ROM. The process switching from the old Market to Play Store and new icon was pretty simple...didn't have to do anything except accept the google play agreement.