New GO Launcher

Reaction score
Anyone have any details about this new launcher? I read an article that mentioned it didnt have the same speed as the updated LauncherPro and ADWLauncher. I was just curious to see if the DEV's or somone could inform me why it wouldnt be as fast as the other Launchers out there.

Also, I installed and R3D ROM and deleted my ringtone and notification folders so that I would have enough room for the install. Can someone make a .zip of the 2 folders with the system sounds from the 'system' dir for me, please?

Heres a link to check out the Launcher. Please close if I am not allowed to link to that site.

Go Launcher for Android: Highly customizable home screen app

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
used it for a bit, ditched it due to lag. Great concept, just not smooth like I want. homescreens similar to miui only it has an app drawer. very convenient feature that you can long press and uninstall apps. Specific things I dislike about it was moving app icon from drawer to homescreens...sucks. Everytime you download a new app it puts it on the end of the app drawer even if you have it sorted aphabetically...you have to manually sort alphabetically again.

Milton515

Reaction score
I used it too and uninstalled due to lag.... I also didn't like they way if didn't anyway to change the icons

BB v0.6.2
Launcher Pro Plus with Evo Dock
Stock Kernel

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I just downloaded this app, and while I'm still setting up my homescreens I must say that I am really impressed (*so far*)! For me, it is really smooth, and I'm not getting any lag. My only gripe would be about setting up the homescreen icons and putting apps into folders on the homescreen. Kinda a hassle and a weird way to do it, but once I have everything set up then it won't be a problem anymore.

Here's the best part though. From what I can see, so far, Go has almost all the same features as LP, except (get ready for this one) NO REDRAWS OR FC'S!!!!! I hope I don't have to eat those words later but I'm really loving this homescreen app. With LP I was getting CONSTANT FC's and redraws, almost after leaving every app. The last straw for LP was sending the dev my error logs and never getting a reply.

So....thank you for letting me know about this homescreen app. I am curious to hear what others think.

EDIT: In a heads-up comparison between ADW, LP, and Go, with all of the screens set up the same way, Go was the only launcher that didn't redraw and take forever to reload my homescreens. Sweet.
Sent from my Droid using my Droid

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried this and loved it as well. Only issue was when I tried to use a different launcher (I know how to choose/remove defaults), this one kept restarting as default after a reboot. Back to ADW Ex....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
they also have Go Sms which I am currently using. Really nice

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did get lag and redraws and fc on go launcher. Several times my phone froze on a black screen and I had to reboot.

I never get a fc on lp. And no redraws either.

Echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop

sent from the rooftops

dredhead407

Reaction score
Same here. Got rid of it after a week due to lag. It has a lot of nice features though. But I also agree...GOSms for the win.

wierdo124

Reaction score
Loving Go SMS but the launcher was garbage IMO. It took me a half hour dinking around to figure out how to get it to open GO SMS instead of the default SMS app. Back to LP...Fed really needs to push this update out though before they really start kicking his ass.

OP

Reaction score
havent tried adw ex but i unrooted and installed go and like it. i think ill give EX a try next once i root again.

Jokerz

Reaction score
Ive tried ADW Ex and it force closed all the time. I was excited because the dev just recently came out with an update that was supposed to fix the force closes, but no luck unfortunately. The features are really cool though. I'm using ADW now, but I'm gonna give this GO launcher and GOsms a try. Wish me luck.

blitzgash

Reaction score
Fast, Smooth, Better than launcherpro/adw so far for me. 0 force closes. LP and ADW always gave me some kind of force close.. Where is everyone getting lag from?