Launcher Pro updating fix for UD2

wierdo124

Reaction score
Yeah i made a smart awhile back on UD1 to uninstall LauncherPro..without installing ADW. Thankfully a reflash (no wipe) fixed it.

davesr72

Reaction score
Market apps won't update (Launcher Pro, Google Search, etc...)

(This is the same fix as from UD1 but I thought I'd pass it along for those who aren't familiar with it - I can't find the original thread where this info came from so if someone who has better search skills than me can find it I'd love to give credit for the info to where its due)

First of all make sure you got another launcher installed before doing this since you are in essence removing Launcher Pro so you can install the newer version. Plus you'll need to do this as you'll be rebooting the phone once you do the fix and UD2 only comes with Launcher Pro.

Now for the fix....

Go into Root Explorer if you have it. If not its worth getting since its very useful for moving files around, deleting files, and what not.

Go to system then app.

Mount R/W.

Delete LauncherPro.

Mount R/O.

Reboot phone.

Go to market once you are running again and download Launcher Pro. You'll be able to install the newer versions from here on out.

This is not necessarily the best fix for these issues, these should have been addressed going from UD 1 to UD2, but it hasn't been.

I posted this on BD's site, as well as here, a couple days after the release of UD 1, but these fixes seems to still work just fine for UD2.

I hope posting a link to BD's site doesn't get removed, but this is what i have found to be the best option for certain problems of apps like FB, Google Search, youTube, LauncherPro..etc..

Market apps won't update (Launcher Pro, Google Search, etc...) - Ultimate Droid

WagZ