Launcher Pro updating fix for UD2

Reaction score
(This is the same fix as from UD1 but I thought I'd pass it along for those who aren't familiar with it - I can't find the original thread where this info came from so if someone who has better search skills than me can find it I'd love to give credit for the info to where its due)

First of all make sure you got another launcher installed before doing this since you are in essence removing Launcher Pro so you can install the newer version. Plus you'll need to do this as you'll be rebooting the phone once you do the fix and UD2 only comes with Launcher Pro.

Now for the fix....

Go into Root Explorer if you have it. If not its worth getting since its very useful for moving files around, deleting files, and what not.

Go to system then app.

Mount R/W.

Delete LauncherPro.

Mount R/O.

Reboot phone.

Go to market once you are running again and download Launcher Pro. You'll be able to install the newer versions from here on out.

alm0614

Reaction score
So we need to download another Launcher? or does UD2.0 have the UD launcher?

OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
So we need to download another Launcher? or does UD2.0 have the UD launcher?

UD2.0 only comes with Launcher Pro. You need an extra launcher to use to do this fix so when you reboot the phone there's a launcher in place to be used until you download the latest Launcher Pro.

jimmy2179428

Reaction score
ahhh! I just deleted the Launcher Pro, now my phone is stuck at the Ultimate Driod startup screen. Please help...

666ogre666

Reaction score
or browse to it through titanium backup, uninstall and either restore backup if you have one or redownload through market. Thats what I do

666ogre666

Reaction score
ahhh! I just deleted the Launcher Pro, now my phone is stuck at the Ultimate Driod startup screen. Please help...
Im pretty sure its replaced the stock launcher so as of now unless you can get to the market your probably outta luck. Id say boot to recovery and reinstall.

666ogre666

Reaction score
(This is the same fix as from UD1 but I thought I'd pass it along for those who aren't familiar with it - I can't find the original thread where this info came from so if someone who has better search skills than me can find it I'd love to give credit for the info to where its due)

First of all make sure you got another launcher installed before doing this since you are in essence removing Launcher Pro so you can install the newer version. Plus you'll need to do this as you'll be rebooting the phone once you do the fix and UD2 only comes with Launcher Pro.

Now for the fix....

Go into Root Explorer if you have it. If not its worth getting since its very useful for moving files around, deleting files, and what not.

Go to system then app.

Mount R/W.

Delete LauncherPro.

Mount R/O.

Reboot phone.

Go to market once you are running again and download Launcher Pro. You'll be able to install the newer versions from here on out.
So to try and avoid confusion here are the steps.

1. Download ADW from market
2. Either do what Demo says above or remove with titanium
3. Redownload from market, or find the thread on Manups Evolution theme and download the themed one. That includes transparent squared off LP Pro widgets which look way better especially with the black theme on UD

alm0614

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with the 3d app drawer, mine was really jumpy and unresponsive, 2D drawer works fine, but prefer the 3D if i can fix it somehow