New Droid X ad pokes fun at iPhone

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
2v2i0is.jpg

Apparently the folks at Motorola didn't take too kindly to Apple's claims of Droid X antenna problems. So, as any corporate entity does best, Motorola takes a direct shot at Apple through its latest Droid X ad (pictured above). As iPhone users continue to drop calls and file free Bumper claims, all we can do as Droid users is to sit back and laugh. I wonder if Droid X's new tagline, "No Jacket Required," will stick. And if the clever slogan wasn't enough, Motorola went further:

At Motorola, we believe a customer shouldn’t have to dress up their phone for it to work properly. That’s why the DROID X comes with a dual antenna design. The kind that allows you to hold the phone any way you like to make crystal clear calls without a bulky phone jacket. For us it’s just one of those things that comes as a given when you’ve been making mobile phones for over 30 years.

Thoughts?

via Droid-Life
source: Motorola's Facebook page

jrod1990

Reaction score
I LOVE IT!!! The making phones for 30 years statement is priceless!!!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

woosung

Reaction score
That is hilarious!! but genius way of advertising!!

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
2v2i0is.jpg

Apparently the folks at Motorola didn't take too kindly to Apple's claims of Droid X antenna problems. So, as any corporate entity does best, Motorola takes a direct shot at Apple through its latest Droid X ad (pictured above). As iPhone users continue to drop calls and file free Bumper claims, all we can do as Droid users is to sit back and laugh. I wonder if Droid X's new tagline, "No Jacket Required," will stick. And if the clever slogan wasn't enough, Motorola went further:

At Motorola, we believe a customer shouldn’t have to dress up their phone for it to work properly. That’s why the DROID X comes with a dual antenna design. The kind that allows you to hold the phone any way you like to make crystal clear calls without a bulky phone jacket. For us it’s just one of those things that comes as a given when you’ve been making mobile phones for over 30 years.

Thoughts?

via Droid-Life
source: Motorola's Facebook page

The second i saw this this morning on droid-life had to put it on facebook just to mess with all the istink fan boys/girls

ANDROID 4 LIFE!

Sweettooth

Reaction score
The 30 years statement is funny but it points out an interesting fact that's quite obvious to the non fanboys. Motorola has been making phones for over 30 years and are still very much in the upper echelon if not the top spot; Apple on the other hand entered the mobile market just over three years ago yet it has blown nearly everything else including many Motorola products out of the water.

Long story short is that it's always good sport to burn one's adversary when they are at a disadvantage to keep them on their toes but you must still keep in mind that they are your adversary because they are equally capable of victory.

Wraith

Reaction score
The way they point to the sides is also a subtle message that holding the phone is OK.

Also, I thought manufacturability was relevant in a law suit, so I wonder if this is hurting Apple's lawsuits at all....

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I always enjoy a well executed marketing piece.

Subtle, but at the same time they remain above directly attacking Apple's BS "deathgrip" video.

ffej89

Reaction score
Nice to see apple's smear campaign hit the brick wall of Moto lol

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Nice to see apple's smear campaign hit the brick wall of Moto lol

And the LTE-capable monsters coming in Q4/Q1 are going to reduce the IPhone fanboys to claiming superiority on the basis of android not having a guitar hero app.