New Drod X user - need advice getting started

HiTekJeff

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a new Droid X user and have upgraded to the latest software 2.2 and so far things are going OK. I have read the PDF manual, but was wanting to get some advice on how best to set up my home screens. Also, I am not sure but how do I set Google Maps to give me locations and also GPS info and stuff? Is that a different app to download or is it the "maps" program already on the Droid? I also have a problem with my contacts. They are all on gmail and things are OK but I have a Twitter listing and one on gmail too. The problem is, it seems to always want to bring up Twitter because it is "linked". How do I just use the contact info on the gmail account? Any advice for best apps, deleting the ones you find not useful or junk that came pre-installed and in general anything to help me get my home screens organized would be appreciated.

xliderider

Reaction score
Hi Jeff, welcome to Droid Forums. ;)

First of all, it would make your post a lot easier to read if you used some paragraphs to separate things a little. that way you don't present us with a "wall of text", lol. ;)

You can look at the Droid X section, there is a thread there that people have posted screenshots of how there screens are set up on their X's.

Try GPS Test or other GPS apps out there in the Market.

I find using an app like Folder Organizer Lite helps a lot with organizing your apps on your homescreen(s). Using it with Launcher Pro is a great combination because LP gives you a scrollable bottom dock that you can put Folder Organizer groups in like Multimedia, Games, Applications, etc.