how do you have your icons organized? (need advice)

velocity92c

Reaction score
I've gotten to the point of having over 200 apps and am having difficulty figuring out how to organize them. I'm using launcherpro beta for the dock, on my main screen I have the beautiful home widget with 8 of my most used apps (gmail, fbook, flashlight, camera, contacts, my rss reader, advanced task killer widget, google maps). I have 5 screens total and on my farthest right screen I have my twitter/facebook widgets.

I'm having trouble deciding how to organize my other screens, should I use folders and sort them into categories or just put the most used apps on my home screens and access the rest from the menu? Any other suggestions? This is a good problem to have, I'm so thrilled with my droid :)

brando56894

Reaction score
Download "folder organizer" and/or "App Organizer" from the market, its awesome. I hated the stock android "manilla folders" because they looked so ugly. I used to have all my apps on 7 screens and it was a PITA, I stumbled upon folder/app organizer and love it since you can create custom groups/folders to add apps to and give the folders custom icons. It slimmed my 7 screens down to 3 (2 for widgets and my home
screen for my folders).​

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i actually have folders setup on one of my screens like this...

redjune.jpg

GryphonD

Reaction score
I find that the paid version of market app "More Icons" is extremely helpful.

Skull One

Reaction score
Folder Organizer. The only program I will use to hold my 150+ icons/apps.

Reaction score
FolderOrganizer. I use the pay version.
I have labels for scanners, cameras, direct dial contacts, tools, utilities.
I also use it to change all the icons for my apps and shortcuts.