New bionic update....finally!

TylerDurden

Reaction score
Mine is downloading as we speak. I've been checking for system updates the last few days and it was finally there about five min ago. Must be in the wild!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dkend99

Reaction score
I've been checking for the update nearly hourly for the last day or so and it finally showed up! Downloading it now. I hope it works as well as most people are describing it because I nearly gave up last week and destroyed my phone when I went 3 days with not data at all.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sanitarium09

Reaction score
Where is the file that gets downloaded saved to? I've gotten the update, which fails for some reason, so I'm trying to pull the file for a manual install. I've tried searching for it with root explorer but just cannot seem to find it. If I can find it, I'll upload it.

Imperceptible1

Reaction score
Just checked and it's waiting....about to start downloading now!

my eyes become large and the light that you shine can't be seen....

desmofan

Reaction score
Where is the file that gets downloaded saved to? I've gotten the update, which fails for some reason, so I'm trying to pull the file for a manual install. I've tried searching for it with root explorer but just cannot seem to find it. If I can find it, I'll upload it.

Can somebody please provide an answer for this question? I am trying to boot to stock recovery and then install the update from my SD card, but cannot find the file anywhere on my Bionic.

TIA

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
If the file has been downloaded OTA then you will find it in the CACHE folder in parent directory. If its there, simply move to your sd-ext folder and install via stock recovery. If not, i can give you link to my OTA file for .893 to .902 where you move it from downloads folder to sd-ext

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

desmofan

Reaction score
If the file has been downloaded OTA then you will find it in the CACHE folder in parent directory. If its there, simply move to your sd-ext folder and install via stock recovery. If not, i can give you link to my OTA file for .893 to .902 where you move it from downloads folder to sd-ext

Sent from my VTAB1008 using DroidForums

My phone tells me the update has been downloaded, but I don't even have a CACHE folder, let alone the update file. Could you please send me a link to download the file?

Thanks for your help.

bjjud

Reaction score
Seems to be comprised of 2 files, one is 57Meg, the other quite small. Look at the folder before and after actually trying to install the downloaded update, and it will be obvious (I prolly downloaded the thing 10 times before I did that) It would seem the update demands a fairly stock phone....it looks for the frikin bloat (fixable) and it looks for dockservice.apk, which is stopping me. (webtop hack apparently alters that) I'm dubious that if I factory reset the phone, will the update take, and if it DOES, that I'll be able to root it again in the near future. I'm gonna wait aweek or 3 and see how things turn out

bjjud

Reaction score
My phone tells me the update has been downloaded, but I don't even have a CACHE folder, let alone the update file. Could you please send me a link to download the file?

Thanks for your help.
gotta have Root Explorer to see that area of phone