Netflix on bionic?

jacobbones

Reaction score
So I am came upon my new every 2 credit in january and was going to get a droid.
But then leaned towards the Iphone and then heard about bionic figured Id wait for that or iphone 5 .

Does anybody know if you will be able to watch netflix on the bionic like you can on the I-phone? I tried searching but just come up with sites from last summer/fall saying its coming soon for droid phones.
Figure if I start paying the $30 data charge, might as well be able to watch a movie when Im bored at work

Xak02

Reaction score
Last I heard Netflix didn't want to do it for android because it's open-ness makes it a vulnerability for the drm of their media.
Unless someone has news on That I'd say iPhone is your best bet for watching movies at work. :-(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Last I heard Netflix didn't want to do it for android because it's open-ness makes it a vulnerability for the drm of their media.
Unless someone has news on That I'd say iPhone is your best bet for watching movies at work. :-(

Really...I have an Android beta app for Netflix here on my TB.....

Droid101

Reaction score

Yes and no. Yes every current phone out will not get a netflix app due to the problems with DRM. Most of the future phones coming out including the TB will include netflix due to the manufacturers software including some type of security. I do know netflix said it would be supporting Qualcomms processors first because of the DRM security built into it.

Xak02

Reaction score

Yes and no. Yes every current phone out will not get a netflix app due to the problems with DRM. Most of the future phones coming out including the TB will include netflix due to the manufacturers software including some type of security. I do know netflix said it would be supporting Qualcomms processors first because of the DRM security built into it.
That's what it was. The old phones won't get it. Thanks!