Need some help with missing Contacts and Gmail

robynski

Reaction score
I got the Incredible 2 about 2 weeks ago and it's been working great. Then a couple of days ago a few problems started creeping in. I don't know if they are all related, but its been getting worse over the last 2 days.

First, my alarm clock didn't go off. When I tried to click on my clock to bring up the alarms, nothing happened. I couldn't access it at all.
I poked around here, and found a suggestion to clear the data, which I did and my alarm is now back. But then other problems started happening.

Next I started noticing a few of my favorite contacts were missing info, such as pictures, etc.

Then this morning, I could not open my Gmail. There is a screen that flashes very quickly (too quickly to read fully) that says something about not having an automatic sync. I checked my sync in the settings, and it says it is automatic.

When at work, I could not access the internet at all. I do have Internet at home on the Wifi, but not on the regular mobile network.

Now, throughout the day all of my contacts have gone missing. It didn't happen all at once, but now they are all gone.

As I've been poking around and trying various things, I noticed there is a software update that failed to download. 4.08.605.3 I have tried several times to get it to go, but nothing.

I think that's everything! I'm so clueless! Any help is greatly appreciated.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooted?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds as if a factory reset maybe needed

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

ABQNM

Reaction score
The alarm clock issue is a known issue and seems to pop up randomly. Factory reset fixes that, but if you don't want to reset, I personally recommend using Alarm Klock free from the market. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.angrydoughnuts.android.alarmclock It has never failed me once and it has the slide to dismiss feature I missed from the blur alarm clock. Makes it harder to accidentally dismiss instead of snoozing.

As to the gmail issue, you may be able to resolve it by deleting data and cache for the gmail app and accounts storage under. Keep in mind that you will have to re-log-in after this and you will lose anything contact or calendar-wise that is not saved to your google account, so check it on your PC first. (If you use Backup Assistant, those will be saved, but I still recommend checking the BUA website before doing this).

If these don't resolve it or you don't mind a factory reset, then that is what I recommend.